Chapter 82 - Emergency Room.

After that flare shot up time went pretty quickly. A police officer had been on his way back from a late night shift and saw the flare. He had taken them to the hospital as fast as he could.

Gwen had started going into shock, her breathing was funny and she wasn’t responding. The doctors whisked her away into the emergency room. Florence couldn’t do anything but sit there.

The police officer sat with her. “What happened?”

“Someone rammed our car, shot her, took my friends and left me alive.” She said straight.

“Why?”

“It’s a long story and by that I mean very long. Look just go home.”

“What if I don’t?”

“Then I’d think you were a total idiot. Just go home.” Florence was too tired to bother with anyone.

“If you need any assistance, here’s my card.” He passed it to her and smiled. Florence thanked him and he left. She slipped the card in her pocket and decided to call Kyle.

“Kyle, are you still in a safe house?”

*Yes, when will we be allowed out?*

“Pass me to the lead officer.”

*Hello?*

“This is Florence Heathcliff, now Smith. I need the band to be let out and escorted to my location. I know you trace calls so you know where I am. Nick and Daniel have been taken; I need the band here now. I don’t care if you don’t want to, get here now.”

*Okay ma’am.*

“Thank you.” She said and hung up.

A nurse came round and treated her ankle. There was still no answer from any of the doctors; as far as Florence was concerned no-one had come out since they had arrived.

The band arrived quickly with an Agent friend of Nick’s. Kyle hugged her.

“What happened?” He asked. Florence sat with them in the waiting room and explained every detail. “…and I don’t know whether  ...erm... Janna is going to make it.” She changed Gwen’s name to protect her.