Chapter 50 - Let It Go!

Florence’s heart was thumping out of her chest.

Dan’s eyes were closed.

It took a few moments for Florence to open her eyes. She was still latched onto Dan. She had held her breath and now she was going dizzy

Dan was still upright; he turned his head and opened his eyes. Florence looked at him and sighed, she was so relieved.

“You’re alive.” She hugged him tighter. Then she released to see if Nick and Riley were okay. They stood there looking towards the door.

Florence and Dan turned to see Goodwin’s body on the floor.

Blood pooled around him. Florence turned her head away from the gruesome sight.

Mara was in the doorway.

“Come on, you need to leave.”

She hurried them back towards the entrance. “Riley go with them."

“No, we’re not leaving you.” Riley replied.

“No we’re not.” Florence agreed. “He will hurt you if not kill you.”

“If I come it will only mean more pain for you both, I can’t let that happen.”

“Then I’m staying!” Florence said.

“What?” All three men looked at her.

“You all need to go, don’t bring any attention to yourselves and don’t try to come back for me.”

“That’s the stupidest idea ever.” Dan said angered.

“You never listen anyway.” She muttered.

“I never listen because you never talk to me about anything, you couldn’t even tell me you were pregnant with my child!!!” He shot back.

“Because I knew how you’d respond. Just leave me here Daniel.” He stared into her eyes. “I can’t.” He said. Nick pulled him back.

“I’m sorry.” Florence blew him a kiss with tears in her eyes.

Dan struggled against Nick’s grip. “Dan, let her go, let it go.”