Chapter 61 - The More the Merrier.

“Sorry.” Nick mumbled.

“The child or children will not get hurt. I wouldn’t let them.” Mara continued.

“You can’t do anything; Zach is the one who’s in charge.”

“I have some authority.”

“And he can over rule that, you really are blind aren’t you? Mum I tried telling myself I loved Gav, even when he hurt me but it never worked and dad loved you. You should have shot Zach.”

“Would you have shot Nick?”

“Nick is not evil.”

“Ladies, please. Mara, Flo is right you are an idiot so stop arguing with her. Flo, Mara is an idiot but she’s also suffered for however many years. So would you BOTH please, please, please get a grip because if you don’t I may shoot myself. Alright?”

Mara and Florence nodded and stayed silent all the way to the hospital.

Dan was waiting in the corridor.

Florence started crying when she saw him. He held her close.

“It’s okay; it’s going to be okay.” He whispered and kissed her forehead.

They stood there hugging for a long while.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Florence sobbed.

“I’ve missed you too and our baby.”

“Babies.” Nick coughed.

“What?” He looked at Florence.

“Nick reckons I’m having twins.” She explained.

“Well I guess the more the merrier.”

Florence started giggling. “The pessimist is talking about being merry.”

Dan smiled and slipped his arm around her waist.

The nurse called them in. As they went in Florence handed Dan a note. He read it and nodded. He knew the plan but Florence could tell he was concerned.

“Everything’s going to be fine.” She squeezed his hand tight.