Chapter 67 - Telepathy!

“Who cares? Both instances we die.” Nick stated.

“Wow Mr Optimist! Chill out!” Dan said sarcastically.

Nick looked over to Florence.

“No Nick, can’t you land this thing?”

“I’m sorry, I can’t.”

“Guys, the whole telepathy thing here isn’t working with me. What’s the only option?”

“Abandon ship!” Nick said simply.

“Crash the chopper in the water and take the chutes.” Florence continued.

“Okay, now that sounds so much cooler than dying in Kent.” Dan felt slightly nervous. It showed.

Florence helped Dan with his parachute bag and told him how to release the chute and when to do it. He nodded. She kissed him and pushed him out.

He screamed. And pulled the chute after free falling for a few moments.

“He’s braver than I thought.” Nick noted.

“That’s why I married him, see you soon Nicola!” She saluted him and dove out. Florence had gone sky diving before and was exhilarated by the fact that she thought she was flying. She always told Nick that she’d like this job.

She pulled her shoot and joined Daniel floating in the air.

Nick was still flying; he jumped out just as the chopper was starting to go down.

Florence and Dan landed on a murky watered beach. “My cousins live here.” She yelled over to him.

“You have cousins?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Yes…did I not mention that?”

“I think I would have remembered.” He assured her.

They heard a splash in the water. It was Nick. “Can we stay at your cousin’s place for a few hours?” Nick asked.

“Is he telepathic?” Dan thought aloud.

“Only a few hours, I don’t want them getting into trouble!” Florence answered.