Chapter 4 - Interjected.

Florence walked back home dragging her feet against the floor.

She felt so sick and tired.

Suddenly she felt some long arms wrap around her, she pushed away in fright.

“Hey, hey it’s only me!” She was greeted by her fuzzy faced friend.

“Kyle! Don’t do that please.” Florence sounded stressed.

“Wow, what’s up?” Kyle asked stopping her.

She took a breath, “It’s nothing. I’ve just been feeling sick lately and tired, probably the flu.”

He stood back, “Don’t give me flu germs!” This made Florence smile sarcastically.

“Where’s the rest of the band?” She pondered aloud.

“Will is already at Dan’s and Woody is running late.”

“Oh cool, err…I need to pop into town so I’ll see you in like ten minutes.” She said and they parted ways.

When Kyle walked in he looked at Dan. “Something’s up with her.”

“I know right, we had four policemen at our door this morning and they don’t just send them if you’ve gone through a red light.” Dan replied.

“She’s definitely hiding something.” Will interjected.

“How has she been in the last few days?” Kyle continued.

“Fine apart from her getting the flu, I mean yesterday she was a bit on edge and emotional but she’s been okay.” Dan answered.

“Dan you need to talk to her.” Will said. Kyle and Dan looked at him. “What? I talk to Florence too y’know!”

Dan smirked, “I will later on probably, let’s just start without Woody.”

In the meantime Florence had just come out of Boots with more paracetamol, lemsips and some other things. Her thoughts were jumbled with the death of Gavin, she thought she’d be happy but she felt pity for him, she had loved him once and as much as she hated him she didn’t think he deserved to die. Or did he? She couldn’t think straight so she walked home swiftly.

She was thinking about it too much, she pictured the strangle mark around his neck and felt sicker. Florence unexpectedly bumped into Woody, she didn’t have time to say hello but stuck her head in the nearest wheelie bin to throw up.