7 - Shopping

I was sat in the back of Doug's car with Maribelle heading across the GWB to go buy all the things for my room. "Thank you so much for all of this Mandy and Doug. You guys are so generous." Mandy had taken the matinee off to come with us.

"Anything for our girl. So you've got $1000 to get everything, except paint because we have loads spare from Maribelle's nursery which was hot pink and teal."

"That will be plenty, thank you."

"Mom, can we play some music?"

"Of course honey. What do you girls want?" We looked at one another and nodded. Even though I was adopted, we were convinced we had mind reading abilities.

"In The Heights." We both called our together, all four of us giggled as Mandy plugged her phone in and started playing it.

"Lights up in Washington Heights up at the break of day." Maribelle started rapping.

"Wow, sis you can rap!"

"I've grown up with this sound track and Hamilton, I've learnt it all." I simply giggled as Mandy and Doug did Kevin and Camilla. Then Mandy and I did Carla and Daniela. Doug had Sonny. Mandy did Benny and I came in as Vanessa.

"No, no no no. No, no, no, no no no. No, no no no...." I sang. My sister smiled at me. When I finished my part and Mandy was singing my sister whispered to me.

"You have talent Becky." I smiled and thanked her as she began again. We all sang the end then went through the album. I took Nina's role and we went though all of act one before arriving.

We then climbed out and headed into the first store. I found the perfect bedding straight away. It was was white and grey chevron, with a pink base. It came with pillow cases and a few matching cushions. There was also a coordinating curtain set. That was white with two rows of grey chevrons on the bottom. I found a hot pink round rug for the centre of the room to accent the pink. It was mostly going to be grey with just the accents of pink. As we went to pay I found these really fluffy pink cushions. I brought 4 that I was going to put in the opposite corner of my bed, so if I had Maribelle hanging in my room, she still had something comfy to lean on. Over all the soft furnishings came to $200.

 Over all the soft furnishings came to $200

We then went to the first furniture shop. Everything was very modern and was all the essential furniture I was after. I found just the right desk. "Mandy, this is perfect. I can get some of the pink boxes and grey ones that I can store all my art supplies in. I can use one section for school work as well. And it's only $150 for the desk, pull out and boxes."

"I like that." I took the measurements and it checked it would fit in the space, which it did.

Next we looked at shelving. I found the same shelves that my sister had in her room. I loved that it wasn't just plain shelves and that each level was divided into two. I had a closer look and realised I'd be able to stack them, so got two, coming to $100. We then left and headed to the final store for furniture.