23 - Chilling

"Hey Mr I'm making my broadway debut in Hamilton today." I said heading into the chill out area.

"Hey Becky. You're looking cute and beautiful today." I smiled and sat beside him. I glanced up and Anthony who wiggled his brows at me.

"Go get shot Anthony." I laugh.

"Shows not even started yet Becky, give me a break. I have to die four times today."

"Yeah and Josh kills you tonight." I smile sweetly between them.

"Shoot." Anthony said almost annoyed.

"This is you're places call for the top of act 1. Everyone to places." Came over the loud speaker.

"Bye Anthony." We both said. He walked off, winking at me.

"You excited to make you're Broadway debut?"

"Of course I am, but I can't wait to perform with you one-day." I smile and blush at him.

"I can't wait till I'm 18 and I get to go out there and play Peggy/Maria, hopefully. I'm so tired and I've not even done anything today." Without realising I lean my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes and hum along to the music in the background. I feel an arm go around me and I smile. I really liked josh but I was too afraid to tell him. I open my eyes to hear Anthony and Joanna.

"Awwwwe." The both said.

"Go get changed! It's a quick change for a reason. You don't have time to stand around." I said before closing my eyes again. "I'm just tired. I had a late night last night." That was the truth, dad had fallen asleep and Mandy came into my room. She had cried into my shoulder until 2am when I was eventually able to calm her down and send her back to bed. I heard whispering but couldn't make it out.

"Look after my baby girl." I heard my mom say after. She kissed the top of my head and I felt Josh nod.

"I love you mama."

"I love you too. Doug will be here just before the end of the second act, make sure jimmy lets him in. He didn't last time." I giggle lightly.

"Okay mom. Go change, you don't have long." My mom runs off and I sit upright. "Remind me about Doug. I'll forget."

"Alright becky."

"Actually something else I may forget if I don't do it now. I got you something to say happy broadway debut. I'll be one moment." Before he could respond I ran up to Mandy room, ran in and grabbed the gift bag. "You look beautiful mama. Break a leg." I then ran back downstairs and found Josh looking a little confused. "This is for you." I hand him the bag and watch.

"Ohh chocolate, Thanks Becky." I smile and he pulls out the journal. "This is cute."

"There's a little message inside." He opens the journal and reads my message.

'Dear Josh,

Happy opening of Hamilton and Happy Broadway debut. This is a journal for you to write all your special Hamilton memories in. Any funny offstage moments or any Burr's corners. Write whatever you like in here to help keep the memories forever.

Becky xoxo'

"This is adorable Becky. And you got my favourite chocolate. Thank you so much." He gave me a hug and I smiled. He gave good hugs.

"Of you ever need more chocolate my mom keeps a supply in her dressing room so you can always ask me to steal some for you."

"I heard that Miss Melini-Gonzalez." I pull apart from the hug to see my mom standing there, making her way to the stage.

"Oops, pretend you didn't." I call as she leaves the room to go to her entrance. Once's she's gone I start laughing. Josh laughs with me and we spend the rest of the show having normal conversations, different cast members popping in and out. The show ends and the full company are on stage. Doug is here and waiting in my moms dressing room. "Doug's upstairs." We walk off, Mandy, Josh and I. Wenhet to the corridor and Josh stops me.

"Hey Becky."

"Yeah." I say looking at him.

"I've got nothing to do between now and the show tonight. Do you wanna go into the city together. We can head to a café or somewhere and get drinks. It would be nice to get to know you a bit better out of the 'work' environment."

"Of course. Let me just check with Mandy." I walk into her room and smile. "Uhhh mom. Josh asked if I wanted to go into the city with him."

"Say yes Mandy!" I heard Joanna yell. I giggled slightly and looked at my mom and dad with pleading eyes.

"Well we were going to go out as a family and do something together. Spend quality time with our eldest daughter."

"It's not really a family thing without Mari. Please mom, I live with you guys, and you know I like him." I said whispering the last part.

"Okay fine, but you two must be back before half hour. Don't forget to sign yourselves in."

"We won't. You two have a nice valentines date." I give them both hugs and kisses on the cheeks.

"And you." She winks at me as I picked up my smaller bag, with my wallet and phone in, and headed back out to Josh.

"She said yes." He smiles and we head out the side door and down to a nearby cafe.