49 - Cake

"Hey sweetheart." He hugged me back and kissed my forehead. He then passed me the dog and I stroked him.

"I missed you daddy, but I'm glad you made it. And I'm glad you finished your painting."

"Yep. I'm glad I made it too. Let's go join the others."

"Alright. I was making a speech." I giggle. The two of us squeezed into the space and I held Benny as he sat on my lap. "Good boy benny." I smiled at the others. "Oh yeah, so mama and dad got me a puppy. He's named Benny. I just thought he looked like a Benny and acted like one. I got him yesterday morning and I love him so much already."

"He's so cute." Lexi said and came over to stroke him.

"He really is. So back to where I was. Mom, you've changed my life forever. The day you adopted me I knew that life was going to be different. I knew it would be tough, but together we've fought though it and here I am, a 17 year old girl who has performed on Broadway. Thank you for everything mama. Daddy." I looked up at him and smiled. "I know you hated me at first but we've slowly gone past that. You love me and I need you to know how much I love you too. I wouldn't be here without you. I know spending so much time with mom at the theatre is tough on you and Mari, it's tough on me too. Coming into your family and then not getting much time with you. I'm so glad you were able to see my debut on Friday. I'm so happy you were able to make it today. Even if just for the end. I'm so thankful you support me and I'm proud to call you my father."

"I'm honoured to call you my daughter, my eldest little girl. I know you were 16 when we adopted you. But to me you're still my baby girl and I'll love you forever and always princess." I passed Benny down to lexi, who was still sat in front of me stroking my puppy, and then gave my dad a massive hug.

"Okay sweetheart, there's a few things left for you, as a surprise. The first is here and the second is at home, right Doug?"

"Yes honey. I dropped it off before coming."

"Okay, so what's the thing here?" I ask, confused, yet excited.

"You need to lift the lid off that Hamilton box."

"Okay then." I stand up and walk to the box. I turn my head back to see my mom filming me. I then open it and gasp. "No way, how did you get this made?" I turned back to friends and family and gawp at them all. I turn back to the massive Hamilton inspired cake in front of me. There was a figure as the top tier, half Maria and half Peggy. The bottom tier was the Hamilton yellow with silhouettes around. It had 'Happy Broadway Debut Becky' written on as well. "This is beautiful. I don't wanna eat it." I put the lid of the box down and ran to my mum as she filmed me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much mama."

"You're welcome baby girl. I said I was proud of you, and I truly mean it." I hold her tight and then eventually let go. I take photos of the cake and then cut it and hand everyone pieces. We eat the cake and chat more until we all have to go home. I say goodbye and thank you to everyone and then Dad, mom, Mari, Benny and I go home in the car. Benny is in the boot in his cage as Mari and I try to keep the cake safe. Dad then takes the cake in, Mari carries Benny and Mom brings in his stuff. I opened the door and fell to the floor at what I saw sat on the chair waiting for me. I blacked out, losing all sense of direction and my surroundings.