12 - Lost and Found

An hour later I was still crying in the Rodgers when I heard someone call my name. I then heard two voices, then three. I looked towards the stage and saw Mandy, Lexi, Joanna, James and the entire cast onstage. After a few minutes they began separating. I just curled up hoping someone I knew and liked found me. After another few minutes I heard a voice again. "Becky, where are you honey. Your mom is looking for you and is really worried." I knew it was Lexi. I smiled that the person finding me was Lexi. She wondered down the centre isle trying to find me. "Becky honey. Please come out." I started crying louder and I saw Lexi turn towards me. "Becky?" She ran towards me and as soon as our eyes locked she sprinted to my side and held me close. "Becky, everyone is so worried about you sweetheart." She ran her hand through my long strait brown hair. "Especially you're mom. Mandy is worried sick about you sweetie, we've been looking backstage and some of the cast are in the streets trying to find you. I heard Javi say something slightly harsh to you earlier but we are all out looking for you now." I kept crying into her arms. "Becky I need you to be strong for me, you're 17 now and I know you can do it. We need to head down to Mandy, she's on the stage."

"No, I'm not moving. If she loves me that much, she'll come find me." I sobbed. Being Mandy's daughter had it's ups and downs. All this online negativity was a down. Lexi pulled out her phone and put it to her ear.

"Hey Mandy... I've found her... top of the dress circle, right side as you enter from the back...Okay, see you in a second...will do." She hung up and I saw Mandy sprint off the stage. "Mandy says she loves you Becky, she said to tell you that and to tell you to stay strong." I just kept sobbing until I head Mandy calling for me.

"BECKY, sweetie??" I could hear the worry in her voice. I looked up to see my mom at the door, she looked towards me and ran, she fell beside me and took me out of Lexi's arms and into her own. "Sweetie. I was so worried about you honey." She held me close to her, one arm around my back, one holding my head to her chest, her head resting on my protectively. "I'm so glad you're safe Becky."

I took a few deep breathes to calm myself down before I spoke. "I'm sorry I worried you. I just couldn't take it. All that negativity about you. About me. About us. I couldn't do it. I thought I was strong enough and Fearless to withstand it. But I'm not. I'm a failure of a daughter. I'm sorry." I then broke down again in her arms.

"Baby, don't worry honey. You're not a failure at all, you were Fearless to put it out there, you took that risk. This time it didn't work in your favour, but I promise you that one day it will be for the good. You're safe and that's the most important thing. Know that I always love you, that all I want is to protect you and for you to be safe." I nodded against her chest. "Lexi, can you message the group chat saying we've found Becky and that she's safe. I might take her home and not perform tonight, Becky's safety is more important than a show."

"No, I want to see the show, all my friends are here. I want to see you perform for the first time as my mom. I want to stay. It's my birthday, I wanna watch you Mandy. I'd rather watch the show then cuddle with you after, than go home and cuddle now. I'd just regret everything. Please Mandy, let me stay."

"You can stay baby. It's okay honey." She rubbed my back and I smiled.

"I love you Mandy. You're the best mom ever."

"I love you too Becky. You and Mari are the best kids in the world and I couldn't ask for anyone better then my two girls."

"Thanks."

"I've sorted out Twitter. I posted another tweet about your story and why I adopted you. It's all been pretty positive since then. If you need anything, let me know, I'm always here for you."

"Thank you Mandy." She gave me a kiss on the forehead and I stayed in her arms, cuddling and chatting, until she had her one hour call and had to leave to get ready.