37 - Rehersals

"As you have a dress that fits can we run all your numbers with Lexi, Mandy and Josh. It's very different in costume as I'm sure the others will tell you." I saw all three of them nod at me and I tried to hide my giggle.

"Okay."

"Actually you three, can you go get your dresses and Laurens costume on." They all ran off stage and I got Steph to take a couple of photos with me and Maribelle.

"Can I send these to Dad?"

"Sure Becky. Just none are allowed on social media until your casting announcement goes out." Lin said.

"Thanks Lin, I'll let him know that." Mari handed me my phone and I texted him.

'Hey dad. I got to wear a Peggy dress. Mom's changing right now so will send a pic with her in a second, but here is this picture that Mari and I just took. (You can't post as the casting announcement hasn't gone out yet. Only you, mom and Mari can know.) love you. Becky.'

I quickly got a response from him that made me tear up.

'I'm so proud of you baby girl. I can't wait to see you debut in November. I know you will be amazing. I'm sorry I've been an ass to you since you came, but I truly mean it when I say I love you. You're still my daughter, and I love you to pieces. I hope you and Mari have a good time tonight. Do send pictures when mom is there. I wish I could be there experiencing this moment with you, but I have to finish this painting by today. Sending all my love princess. Dad xoxo'

'Thanks for making me cry. 😢😂😂 It means the world to me that you want to be here. I wish you were here too. I forgive you for being an ass because I love you so much. Now get that painting done, mom expects you to be home by the time we are there at 11:30. I have to but I'll send more pics later.'

I put my phone near the pit entrance, knowing I'll need it later. Mom and Lexi come out and I run into them forming a sister hug.

"The Schuyler Sisters." I sing. We giggle and take more photos of the three of us in our costumes. I take some with mom and Mari and then Josh comes out and I take a few photos with him. "So Peggy and Laurens, dance at the winters ball together, maybe more happened that night." I laugh. Then give him a peck on the lips.

"You two are so cute." Maribelle says.

"Thanks sis." Josh wrapped his arms around the front of my stomach and I squeal. "Not in the dress babe." I pull away and smile at him. "Sorry but I can't bend over laughing because of the corset. Sorry." I kiss his cheek to make up for it. "So what's the plan Steph?"

"We are going to run all the Numbers you are in so that includes My Shot. The rest of the cast should be here after lunch so at that point it will be easier because you will have others to work with and people actually singing. Actually Lin, can you jump in for Hamilton just to sing that part mainly and I'll watch her?"

"Sure." Lin came up onstage and Steph plugged her phone into the audio jack and we all walked off to our opening places. We run through the numbers and I had the time of my life. It was harder in costume, but I felt the character more. I knew who I was. I wasn't 17 year old Becky Melini-Gonzalez, this was 18+ year old Peggy Schuyler. Obviously her age changing as the show develops. We finish act one and I'm smiling so wide. Performing Schuyler Sisters with my mom and Lexi was a dream. I felt like I belonged there. Once we were done we sat and looked at the photos Maribelle had taken on my phone. There were some really good pictures, a lot in the classic poses of us such as the 'work' after angelicas rap in Schuyler Sisters. We got changed and headed out to lunch as a big group. Steph and Lin gave me notes to work on as we ate. Once done we went back to the theatre and I put on the Maria Reynolds dress. I never realised how beautiful it was until now. I put on some red lipstick from the hair and makeup department and again took more photos sending them to my dad. He always replied saying how proud he was and how much he loved me. Every time I smiled when I read his messages. We ran though the few numbers I was in in act two and included the costume change into the final number. Then we did a full company run through of my numbers. I went and sat by Joanna who watched the whole thing. "What did you think?"

"You were great Becky. I'm just trying to calm myself and make sure I'm okay for tonight's show. I don't feel too good, but I have no understudies tonight. So I have to perform."

"Oh yeah. You do need to be okay. I'll go get you some water." I ran off and found her bottle and brought it back to her. "You don't think it has anything to do with Ant do you? Did you go out for dinner yesterday?"

"Yeah we did. He thinks he has food poisoning so maybe I have that too but as I said, I need to be able to perform, even if I'm not at my best. I gotta keep myself some what healthy."

"Okay. I'm going to get my notes, I'll see you just before I go to the auditorium and we can do our usual pre show routine." She smiled and nodded at me before I went and changed out of my dress.