61 - Leaving

I got up at 8 and checked my phone. Mom was still asleep but I decided to let her rest. I saw messages from Josh filling my phone.

Josh - Becky, where are you?

Josh - BECKY! I can't find you? Where did you go baby girl?

Missed call from Josh.

Josh - Becky, please pick up my love.

Josh - Becky, apparently you've left. Thanks for forgetting about our date I planned especially for you. I can come get you from your place.

Josh - I'm starting to lose hope on you. You practically live on your phone, I can't believe you just abandoned me like that.

3 Missed calls from Josh.

Josh - I hope you realise how upsetting this is. I know I've been busy recently and I'm sorry I've not been able to take you on many dates but I love you and I hope you can forgive me for the lack of dates.

Josh - I don't know what's wrong with you Becky, where you are, why you're ignoring me, or why you left me waiting for you,m when you had gone! But I don't deserve this. Call me or text me or whatever. See you at the theatre at 1:30 if you decide to show up.

Missed call from Josh.

Josh - I'm going to bed now, it's pretty away. It's pretty crap eating alone when you expect to have you're girlfriend with you. Night xoxo.

I read the messages over and over again tears falling down my face. I open Instagram and see a photo on his story of him and Isabella together. "So looks like she replaced me on the date then." I said to myself.

"Who, Isabella?" I heard. I look up and see my mom awake and standing at the end of my bed.

"Yeah. Here look at what he sent me." I pass her my phone and she reads through it tearing up.

"You shouldn't be going though this baby. Not at all."

"It's okay mama. Stuff happens. But I can get through it. Should I call or wait until we go to the theatre. Tomorrow"

"Probably wait and then he'll see you in the wheelchair and cast and everything. You don't want an over the phone argument."

"Okay. Thanks. Mom, thank you for everything. I don't feel like I give you enough credit. But you deserve so much thanks and credit! I wouldn't be the girl I am today without you there by my side every step of the way. I love you, dad and Mari with all my heart. I know I'm only adopted but I still have great parents."

"You are no less our daughter than Maribelle is. We both love you equally. We will always be here for you, because you're still one of our baby girls. I love you so much Becky."

"Oh, Okay. I love you too mom." We talked together for a few hours when Dr Johnson same back. "Morning." I said as cheerfully as I could.

"Morning Becky, Good morning Mandy. How are you feeling today Becky."

"Physically much better, mentally a total mess. But I'll be fine and I can sort it out tonight." My mom nodded and smiled at me.

"Okay so we just have to do a few checks today and then you should be all good to leave tomorrow. You will need to come back in in two weeks to check to see if you need to stay in the wheelchair or if you will be able to walk. I'll see you tomorrow, if you need anything don't be afraid to call."

"Okay, Thank you so much."

"It's my pleasure. Bye."

"Bye." Mandy said. Once he left, dad and Maribelle came in.

"Hola Mija."

"Hola daddy. Can. I please just have my change of clothes, I've been sat in these for over a day."

"Of course." He handed me the clothes and mom helped me get dressed. I spent all day in the bed watching in the Heights, Hamilton, mom in Wicked and the documentaries for various shows. At the end of the day Dad and Mari left again and I went to sleep. The following day I had my checks and was allowed to leave. Mom lifted up and into the wheelchair and then pushed me out the door and to reception. I was signed out and we headed into the city. My sister walked by my side and my mom and dad alternately pushing me. I looked down at my lap feeling ashamed. I felt bad that my parents were going to have to take 24 hour care of me for the next two weeks. I wouldn't be able to do anything without them. We brought sharpies and lots of dresses so that I wouldn't have to stand at all to get dressed. Dad and Mari came with us to the theatre to help me and mom with everything. We signed in and mom carried me bridal style up the stairs to the main room. We were the first ones here as it was only 11am but we didn't have time to go home first. Dad set the wheelchair up and Maribelle carried the Sharpies.

"I want everyone to sign it in their character color. And then family and friends in the silver or gold." Maribelle picked up the silver pen and took the cap off.

"Can I go first sis?"

"Of course you can monster." She wrote her name and drew a little heart on the side. "Thanks sis." I said smiling. Mandy and Doug sat beside me and signed it in sliver too. "Thanks mom. Thanks daddy. I'm scared for when Josh comes."

"You'll be okay Becky, we will be right here beside you baby girl." Mandy said and dad nodded in agreement.

"Okay. Hopefully I'll be okay." Mandy hugged me as best as she could and helped me calm down.