44 - Planning

When I walked into my moms dressing room I was attacked in a hug. After a second I pulled back and realised it was Chris and Karen. "Uncle Chris, Auntie Karen, what did you think?"

"You were incredible Becky, I know your mom and dad are so proud of you and we are too. We are so happy for you and you were insane."

"Thanks Uncle C-Jack." I giggle. He gives me another hug and then I give Karen a hug. "What about you Auntie Queen K." I smile. She laughed at her nickname initially and then spoke.

"Honestly gurl, I was blown away but your take on Peggy. Peggy has always been the sweet one but seeing you do it was a totally different experience. I haven't seen the show since I left the Chicago company last summer and honestly today completely changed how I viewed that character. Also having a younger Maria really worked. She's meant to be so much younger than Alexander and it was just incredible. I think Uncle Chris, Uncle Lin, Your Mom and I are going to take you out for a celebratory dinner on Sunday after the Matinee."

"Thanks Karen. You guys are the best. Can Doug, Mari and Josh come?"

"Mari is coming, right honey?" Karen looks at my sister and she nods. I go and sit on the couch next to her and give her a sisterly cuddle.

"I'm working, I have to get that painting done. The deadline is Sunday, I told you I had to do it today so that we could have a family day on Sunday, but because of your debut, we can't do that."

"It's okay daddy, I'd rather you see my Broadway debut than us having a family day on Sunday. We can have a family day next week, I only get one Broadway debut."

"Exactly." He came and sat next to me and kissed my forehead.

"And we did ask Josh earlier but he's got other plans apparently."

"Oh Okay. That's fine, I feel like it will be more about all of us if he's not there. When we are together he likes to just talk to me and kiss me and stuff, which I don't mind when here. But if it's a celebration with you guys then I think it will be nicer."

"Okay. So Chris is watching Mari anyway during the show as she's going to his go play with Jady as CJ and Veronica are out on a mother-son bonding trip."

"Yep." Chris says. "Then we will pick up Karen and come here for the end of the show and then we can head off for a fun evening together."

"Sounds like a plan. I can't wait." I smiled. Maribelle yawned and I giggled slightly. "It is way past someone's bedtime. If you aren't asleep by the time you go to bed, can I read you your story tonight. I rarely get to because mama does it on Mondays and Sundays."

"Please do Becky. Please read me my story."

"Okay. I guess we should head home." I stand up and thank Chris and Karen again for coming. "I'll see you both on Sunday. I love you, bye."

"Bye Becky. See you Sunday." Chris said walking out the door Karen Following just behind.

"Goodnight sweetie, see you then." I waved them off and cleared up the dressing room quickly. Once that was done, we headed out via the back exit and onto the subway Home. I gave Maribelle a piggy back from the subway home and then we each got dressed into our PJ's and got ready for bed. I headed into my sisters room and she was sat up, waiting for me, book in hand.

"Okay, let's read you a chapter then." I climbed in bed beside her and she cuddled up to me wrapping her arms around my waist. I stroked her hair, that was loose and kissed the top of her head. "Okay, Charlie and the Chocolate factory." I opened it at where the book mark was and began reading from chapter 6. By the time I finished the chapter she was dozing off. "Goodnight sis. I love you lots and I'll see you in the morning." I kissed her head again and went to climb out of the bed.

"Becky?"

"Yes Maribelle?"

"Can you stay with me. I hardly get to spend time with you due to Hamilton and me being at school. I want to cuddle with you."

"Alright. Let me go plug my phone in and I'll be back." She nodded and let go of me. I rushed into my room and plugged my phone in. I then headed back to my sister bedroom and climbed into bed. We both hugged each other and before I knew it she was fast asleep. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard the door open. I turned my head to see Mandy smiling at us.

"What are you doing in here Becky?"

"She insisted I stayed with her. We don't get much time together so she wanted to cuddle tonight and I couldn't really say no to that. So I'm sleeping in here."

"Okay then honey." She walked over to us and kissed mari's head and then mine. "I'm so proud of you sweetie. Going on for your debut so last minute takes a lot of fearlessness. I can't wait to see where your career goes from here."

"Thanks mom. I couldn't have done it without you. I have the three best stage sisters ever and the best dad, sister and mom in the world. I couldn't ask for a better family to have adopted me. I owe all this to you. I love you mama."

"I love you too Becky. Now get some rest sweetie. I'll see you both in the morning. You don't have a rehearsal so we can relax as a family tomorrow morning."

"Okay. Goodnight mama."

"Goodnight Baby girl." She kissed my forehead and I smiled before wrapping both arms around my little sister and falling asleep.