Epilouge pt 3/4

March 20th 2020
I stood by the front door of the family apartment, luggage in hand. I was leaving home to tour across the states with Wicked. My agent had booked me an audition and after three or four call backs, I was offered the role of Nessarose. I was sad to be leaving home, but I knew it's what I had to do. My mom, sister and dad stood in the hallway. "I love you all so much. I'm going to miss you beyond words. All of you. I don't want to leave, but I know I have to."

"Of course honey. Of course we are all sad. But this is a huge opportunity and we know it's what's best for you. And it's what we want for you. You can still FaceTime us whenever you want, I will always be there even if mom is at the theatre."

"Thanks Daddy. I hate that you and Maribelle have to say goodbye to me here, I wish you could all come with me to the airport."

"We know sweetheart. But it's how it is. We love you so, so, so much Becky and we are incredibly proud. We will definitely come see a performance at some point when mom can get a few days vacation. Also we will see you for summer vacation." I just nodded it was all I could handle. I got onto my knees and looked my sister right into her tear filled eyes.

"Listen to me Maribelle. You are my everything. My absolute everything." I took her hands in mine and squeezed them tightly and held them in my own to my chest. "I love you more than you can imagine and I'm going to miss you more than anyone else here. Since leaving Hamilton I've had so much more free time to be with you and to have fun with my little sis, but now that's gone to even less time." Tears fell from both of our eyes. "When I next see you I'm going to spoil you rotten with trips out together, gifts and everything." She giggled lightly but sadly at me. "You can call me whenever you want if you need someone besides mom and dad to talk to. Unless I'm on a stage I should be free. You can always come to me. I love you Maribelle."

"I love you so much Becky." She began sobbing and my heart broke. I didn't want to leave my little sister behind. Not at all. I pulled her into a hug and held her to my chest, having one hand on her back and one on her head. "Can I call you every day? Can we schedule a time to talk to each other? Because I would love that, more then anything." She stuttered.

"I'll see what I can do. When I get my schedule then we can try and coordinate something. I promise. I will try to come home when I can, and on your spring break, even if mom can't get off, maybe you and dad can fly up to see me."

"I'd love that. I'd love that a lot Becky." I pulled back from the hug and looked into her eyes.

"I will see you soon Maribelle. You're my best friend in the whole world, and I couldn't ask for a better best friend or sister. I love you." I kissed her forehead and then stood up.

"Bye Daddy. I know you obviously will, as she's your daughter too, but please look after and keep an eye on Mari for me. If she's ever upset and refusing to talk, call me and I'll talk to her. Leaving her is so hard, and I hate that I have to do this."

"I know sweetie. I love you so much and I will miss you so much. The mini studio is gunna be pretty empty without you home."

"Oh I forgot. Maribelle, under dad's agreement and supervision you can use whatever you want in the home art studio. I suggest you stick with watercolours which is what you've been using, and maybe have dad teach you some acrylic. Just be sensible like I know you will and I can't wait to see what you create."

"Thank you so much Becky." She gave me another massive hug and I hugged back tightly not wanting ever let go.

"Becky sweetheart. We need to leave now." I heard mom say. I pulled back from the hug with my sister and looked her in the eye.

"I'm so incredibly proud of you sissy. I love you and I'm going to miss you so much. I'll call you. Bye." I kissed her forehead, said a quick goodbye to dad again and then grabbed my things and headed out the door with mom and my luggage in tow.