40 - Say No To This

We went though the show, song by song. Schuyler Sisters felt like a party almost, I had so much fun singing and dancing with Lexi and my mom. I did slip on my dress in helpless but Mandy caught me before I completely fell. I then made it though Satisfied and remembered the props I carried on for it. Standing by my mom as she sang the beginning of Satisfied felt amazing. I felt like I really belonged there with her especially in the part where she had to wrap an arm around me. By that point I was done with all my main songs for act one. The rest went though pretty easily. I nearly missed going on at one point but I made it just in time. Act one was soon completed and I changed into my red Maria dress before checking my phone, I had a message from dad.

'Hey baby's girl. Act one was phenomenal, you were so amazing, especially given you haven't had many official rehearsals or a put in yet. Mari and I are so proud of you. I know you worked hard. We can't wait for act two. Mari said her favourite song was Schuyler Sisters.'

'Thanks Daddy. I have to do my makeup for act two now, so I'll see you after the show. I love you both. And I'm glad Mari is enjoying it. Xoxo'

I put on the red lipstick and this special stuff that sets it and stops it coming off. I heard a knock on the door and my mom opened it to see Michael Luwoye there. "Hey brother, what's up?" Mandy asked.

"Hey ladies, I actually wanted to talk to Becky about something, alone if that's okay."

"Sure. I'm going to check on Joanna." Mom walls out and Michael and I sit on the couch.

"So I'm guessing you've probably never done an onstage kiss before?"

"Shit, no." I completely forgot that Maria kissed Alexander in say not to this.

"Okay, honestly this is one of the easiest as you're back is to the audience. It's almost as if you're kissing my cheek."

"Oh Okay."

"Yeah, it's only a few seconds so you literally just kiss me here," he pointed at the side of his lips. "And then you slide off my lap. I know it's awkward, especially when you are only 17. But it has to happen, it's part of the show."

"I understand that. When I took on the role I knew I'd have to do it. Mom and uncle Chris kissed three times in Heights. So yeah. It's part of being in this business. You have to be able to have stage kisses. And I'll just kiss Josh after to make up for it."

"You got it." He smiled at me and stood up. "Also, act one. You were incredible. Schuyler Sisters was amazing. Definitely embraced Peggy only being 18."

"Well I'm younger than that so that's why it works well."

"I suppose so. Anyway, I'll see you in a bit."

"Thanks, see you Michael." He gave me a high five and headed out as Mandy came back in. "How's Joanna? Is she okay?"

"She's better than she was earlier. You're going to go home with Dad and Mari on the subway and I'm going to take her home in his car, then head home myself."

"Okay."

"Top places for top of act 2." Came over the speaker. We stayed sat down as she wasn't needed till the third song and I wasn't needed until the forth.

"What did Micheal talk to you about?"

"Oh, Just stage kisses and all that jazz. You know, I haven't ever rehearsed that one so yeah, he just spoke me though it and hopefully it won't be too awkward for anyone."

"Ah Okay." The two of us just cuddled on her couch, until we went downstairs at the end of What'd I miss to get ready for take a break. She went on and I got myself ready for say no to this. This was the song I was most nervous for as it was just Michael and I onstage. I took a deep breath and went out on my cue. The song went really well and the kiss in the middle was much easier that I anticipated. I found the character and that really helped me. When I got off stage, Josh was waiting for me in the wings and I kissed him straight away before he had to go around to the other side of the stage for Schuyler defeated. The rest of the show went really well and I really enjoyed every second of it. What I was not prepared for was the craziness Lin had in plan.