31 - Love

(Becky's Look, curled hair)

The time had come for me to perform the final song of the reunion concert. Singing Breathe was incredible, during that song I found where Doug, Mari were sat and Josh was on the next section, but the same row. Maribelle and Douglas still didn't know about our relationship. I stood up with Lin and he gave a little speech.

"So I want to formally introduce you all to Becky Melini-Gonzalez. She is 17 and last October was adopted by Mandy and her husband Douglas. She had a tough childhood and has no knowledge of who her birth parents are at all. She found a love of musical theatre and in particular Heights and Hamilton are her favourites. Since being adopted she's worked with her mom on her up and coming album, she's helped her with designing FearlessSquad merchandise and all round being an incredible girl. Her talent of singing, dancing and acting was quickly discovered by Mandy and she's been working on the Peggy/Maria track with the aim to debut on her 18th birthday in November this year, making her the youngest person to perform in Hamilton, and in a principle role. As a 'mini Nina Rosario', Mandy's words, not mine. I present you with our final number of the night, a cut Nina track, Becky Melini-Gonazlez with Fire Escape." The crowd erupted and I gave Lin a hug. I stood center stage and held the microphone and began to sing.

"My Fire Escape, this is the one place on Earth where I feel safe. This is my corner. I arrive today, after a year living 3000 miles away. The best year of my life, but it's good to be home. Where I know the people I pass on the street, this is Home. Where the arch of the sun and the sky won't hide from the heat. I know I know, where I dreamed about flying away. This was my view everyday."

I locked eyes with Maribelle and she smiled at me. As soon as I finished she jumped to her feet and cheered so loudly. I looked behind me and saw all of the Heights cast on their feet cheering. I stepped back to my seat and Lin and Mandy both push me forward again.

"Take a bow." Lin said. I smiled up at the audience and bowed.

"Thank you for making dreams come true. I love you all. Thank you for coming. Mom, Dad, I love you both so much. Maribelle, you're the best little sister I could ask for. And in Karen's words from exactly ten years ago, 'Dreams come true Bitches.' Thank you, and we hope you have an amazing evening." I stepped back again and gave my mom a hug, she hugged me back and kissed my forehead. We all walked stage and I jumped into Mandy arms and she picked me up, so I was sitting across her front.

"I'm so proud of you Becky. So, so proud. And I'm so proud to call you my daughter."

"I'm proud and honoured to call you my mother. I love you so much mom. So, so much."

"I love you too princess." I jumped down and just hugged her normally. I had hugs and praises from everyone else. Karen and Chris both asked to come to see me once I was in Hamilton. I said I'd get Lin and Mandy to sort it out for them.

"Sissy." I turned around and Maribelle ran towards me. I picked her up and spun her around before resting her on my hip. "You were amazing."

"Thanks sis. Know that you can achieve any dreams you set you're mind too. You can do anything Maribelle. I know you can."

"Thanks Becky." I put her down and give her a kiss before stepping into Doug's arms.

"I'm sure Mandy has already said this, but I'm so proud of what you did this evening. When we adopted you, you said you didn't sing, now look at you. Performing in front of over 1000 people and going to be making your broadway debut in less than a year. Keep working hard, and you will do amazing things Becky. Mom and I will always be there to support you in everything you do."

"Thanks dad."

"I love you so much baby girl."

"I love you so much as well daddy." He kissed my forehead and Lin took some family photos of us. I then got a text. "Mom, I'll be back in a bit." I wondered to the entrance of the backstage area and found Josh waiting for me. As soon as I saw him I ran up to him and jumped into his arms that he held out for me. "Josh, I'm so happy you're here. What do you think?"

"I loved it. Seeing the original cast perform all the songs was incredible and you were outstanding babe. Also congratulations on getting Peggy/Maria fully. You deserve it. Also going to add in that you look beautiful today."

"Thanks babe." I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him a few times. I looked up and into his eyes as I pulled back and smiled at my boyfriend. We'd been dating for almost a month and I felt a real connection with him. He bent over slightly and rested his forehead on mine.

"I love you Becky." My heart fluttered and began beating faster I stood on my tiptoes letting our lips touch again for a few moments.

"I love you too Josh." I put my hands on the back of his head and kissed him again, but slightly stronger and harder. My eyes were closed as I enjoyed the kiss until I heard shouting.

"BECKY MEILIN-GONZALEZ!" Fuck, it was dad.