35 - Release

May 4th 2018
Tonight's the night, my moms first solo album was being released, Fearless was debuting. Once I woke up I quickly threw my fearless squad top on and ran into my parents room, grabbing my sister on the way. "Happy anniversary Mama." We called before I saw them sat upright, making out. Dad was shirtless and mom had a bra on but no top. Thankfully the covers were over their bottom half's. I quickly covered Maribelle's eyes and turned my head away.

"Sorry honey, I didn't think you'd invade our room, you rarely come in. We're decent now though."

I slowly looked back to check and removed my hands from Mari's eyes. We bolted to their bed and jumped on top of our mom. "Congratulations mama. One year ago you started the Fearless Squad and look how far it's come. You're dropping your album and everything. I'm so happy and excited for you mom."

"Thanks Becky. I think I've finally chosen my favourite song on it. I love them all for different reasons. Que sera sera was a childhood favourite, Life is sweet is with Chris, Fearless is my parents story and the story of the squad. But Breathe, it's the original Nina/Mandy song and it's with you. I get to sing that song with my beautiful and talented daughter, and I can't wait to see the response from it."

"Neither can I. Um I have two things for you. One is a physical thing that I'll give you now, once I get it. And one is something you will get via Twitter at 10. Basically when I've locked myself in my room, and during performances. These are what I've been doing."

"You didn't have to do anything for me Becky, you do enough for me. Just being here and being a part of my life and my family is enough. Everything you've done for me with the album and the logo design, everything means the world to me. You didn't have to do anything."

"I know, but I wanted to. And after flipping hours of work, I'm not going to not give them to you!"

"You have a point there." I give her a kiss and run back to my room. I find the gift bag with the scrapbook in and head back to her.

"So this is the first part." She opens the bag and see's the scrapbook. She pulls it out revealing the logo, then opens it and reads it. She moves onto the collage of photos of people in their tops. The next part is everyone's individual pages.

"It's beautiful Becky. Thank you so much gorgeous. I'm going to treasure this forever. I'm going to put it in my dressing room and read it whenever I'm feeling down. Reading things like this, seeing how I've changed others lives, makes me feel better." She pulls me into her side and kisses my temple. "Thank you honey."

"You're welcome mom."

"So That why we ran out of printer ink." Doug pointed out.

"Yeah, sorry dad."

~~~~
Mom and I go out for breakfast with Lexi and Joanna, at 9:58 I 'go to the bathroom'. I rush out and Un-private the lyric video and post the previews to twitter and Instagram.

'I'm so proud of my mom, @/_mandygonzalez, for her album that is released at midnight tonight, you will love it, to celebrate, I made her this video with 76 squad kicks. I love you mom. #FearlessSquad'

I post the video at exactly 10 and run out to my mom again just as she picks up her phone. Lexi and Joanna do the same, to see what I posted. They all simultaneously pull out headphones and I sit and watch them as notifications role in Of likes, retweets and comments. I can see the video on my moms phone and she full on tears up and starts to cry, she wipes the tears away a little and smiles at me. I see the video end and she stands up from her seat. "Becky, I don't know what to say, but thank you. That was incredible, I loved it and there was so much talent, and so many people I recognised as well, that was beautiful. You are amazing Becky, I really have a wonderful daughter. Thank You Princess." She gave me a massive hug, which I returned.

"I'm glad you liked it."

"Liked it? I loved it Becky. It's one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me."

"I'm glad. Now eat your pancakes mom." She kissed my forehead and sits back down.

"That was beautiful Becky, I'm so glad it worked perfectly." Lexi said.

"Wait you knew about this?"

"Yeah, we all did, pretty much." Joanna giggled.

"Oh, I didn't think you could keep secrets that well Lexi?"

"I can keep Becky's secrets." Lexi retaliated.

I saw that my mom quoted my tweet.

'I'm so proud and thankful for my eldest daughter for making this for me. I love you princess, and I can't wait for everyone to hear your beautiful voice on the album. Go watch the lyric video she made! (Full video in bio)'

"Becky, can you send the raw file of the videos so I can post it on Instagram and my YouTube channel?"

"Sure mom." I sent it to her and she posted the video on each of them. "Thanks for sharing it mom."

"It's the least I can do." We finish our breakfast and we head to rehearsals.