13 - Satisfied

"Immie, oh my god it's been so long." I ran through the lobby and jumped into her arms.

"Becky! I've missed you babe." We always called one another babe. We were best friends and were inseparable until she got adopted two years ago. I'd seen her once since, when she came to New York for the summer. She was now a California girl, living on the West Coast. She was a huge theatre kid and was hoping to go to CalArts for college.

"I've missed you too gorgeous. You excited to see Hamilton?"

"Damn I'm excited, my mom would never let me come because of flights and tickets are so expensive. How'd you get the tickets for all of us? You're new parents must be loaded to get 7 tickets."

"My mom is Mandy Gonzalez. She's Angelica Schuyler. That's how I got the tickets, she gets them discounted, she also took Lexi and Joanna's for this month. But she's giving them each ones over the next few months."

"No way. That's crazy."

"It really is. She's the best. Wait Alex..." Immie turned around and Alex ran towards us. She was another New Yorker. Slowly everyone else arrived. Alex, Immie, Poppy, Hannah, Carly and Jodie. I lead them through the lobby, grabbed our playbills and headed to our seats in the fourth row of the orchestra. I quickly texted Mandy.

'Break a leg tonight, look out for us. Thank you for everything. I love you Mandy Xoxo'

'I love you too Becky. I'll keep an eye out for you sweetie. Xoxo'

I then turned my phone off and sat ready to watch. As soon as Mandy came on she instantly saw me and her smile widened. Lexi, Joanna and my mom rocked the Schuyler Sisters. I cheered so loud when they ended the song. Mandy smiled right at me. Every song she kept her eyes on me as much as possible. At the end of the show they took their bows and I was jumping up and down cheering. Mandy smiled at me and stepped forward towards the centre of the stage. She took a microphone from their conductor and looked right at me. I already had tears in my eyes.

"Hey everyone, I'm Mandy Gonzalez and I play Angelica Schuyler. We hope you all enjoyed the show. I just came up here to wish my beautiful daughter a happy 17th birthday. I have two kids, my youngest is 6 and is my biological child, but Becky is adopted. She may be adopted, but no less my daughter than my 6 year old. She came into my life last May but because part of my family middle of this month. I wanted to celebrate her today so I brought her friends from the orphanage over, all of which are adopted now and live all over America. They are all here in row 4 and by the look of it loves the show. So to celebrate my beautiful girl's birthday can we please all sing Happy birthday to her and possibly to anyone else here for their birthday." The orchestra started playing and the entire audience sang.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Becky. Happy Birthday to you." Everyone cheered.

"I love you Becky. I'm so proud of you sweetie. You are going to do big things, I just know it. Happy Birthday gorgeous girl."

"I love you Mandy, you're the best mom ever."   She blew me a kiss that I returned. The cast then walked off stage and the auditorium emptied slowly. I took the girls backstage with the pass Mandy had given me. And we headed onstage and waited for my mom. She changed quickly and as soon as I saw her in the wing I ran towards her. She made it onto the stage before I jumped into her arms. "Thank you so much Mandy. This is the best birthday ever. I love you."

"I'm glad you had fun." She kissed my forehead and I eventually pulled back from the hug. I led her over to my friends and introduced her to everyone. The entire cast came and wished me a happy birthday and signed all our playbills. "Girls. I have special treats for you all. She pulled out 7 bags from backstage. She handed one to each of us and we sat down in a circle. Inside were Fearless Squad tops for each of the girls and a Satisfied top.

We all then headed home, Jodie said goodbye to us all then headed back to the Home as the girls, Mandy and I got the subway up to Washington height

We all then headed home, Jodie said goodbye to us all then headed back to the Home as the girls, Mandy and I got the subway up to Washington height. It was a perfect end to the perfect birthday.