20 - Broadway

3rd February 2018

"Hey Becky. I have a meeting with Lin, Tommy, Alex and Andy today. We have our rehearsal straight after so I'm going to need you to sit in with me, but I won't be too long."

"Alright. Just casual clothes right. I don't need Dance stuff."

"Yeah, just vocal work today. What do you want for breakfast?"

"Fab. And can I have toast please."

"Of course honey." She left me in the room and I changed into my Fearless Squad top and Hamilton hoddie. I threw on a pair blue jeans and did some light makeup. I headed out to the kitchen to find Mandy buttering the toast. I grabbed myself a glass of water and sat at the table, checking Twitter. "Here you go sweetie." She placed the plate of toast in front of me and then sat down next to me with the same.

"Thanks Mandy." We quickly ate and headed down to the theatre. I went onstage and began working on the Peggy/Maria track to see if I could remember it from a few weeks ago. Mandy went and sat in the auditorium with the boys. I ran through Schuyler Sisters, the instrumental playing on my phone from my pocket. I sang along to my parts and did the correct choreography. I then did say no to this and had a lot of fun mimicking the chair moment by myself. "Becky, can I talk to you?" I heard my mom call. They were all watching me.

"Coming." I jumped off the stage and headed to the group. "What did you want?" I asked sitting next to her.

"I didn't want anything. It's actually the others."

"Oh. Hey." I said kind of awkwardly.

"Becky, we've heard you sing and we've seen you dance, what we've seen of you in the Peggy/Maria role is phenomenal for someone only 17. We want you to work with Joanna on the track, vocally and physically. You won't be part of the company officially yet because you are too young. But we think in the future, when Joanna leaves, the role could be yours. We will also highly consider you for a standby once you're 18." Lin told me.

"Wait really?" I said shocked that they wanted me to learn the full track.

"Yeah Becky. You have a real talent and I think you would portray these roles really well."

I smiled wide at them all. "Thank you so much. I promise I won't let you down." I turned to Mandy. "I can't believe this."

"I'm so proud of you baby girl. This is what you deserve." I pulled her up so we were standing and I gave her a massive hug. "I love you princess and I can't wait to watch you grow as an actress." Small tears started falling from my eyes. This time last year, my last friend had left the Girls Home leaving me all alone. I was miserable and didn't want to do anything. I never imagined that in a years time I'd be adopted to my idol, and have just been asked to learn a track for me to potentially play on broadway when I was only 18. Mandy pulled back slightly, I lifted my head to look her in the eyes. She wiped my tears and smiled at me, before kissing my forehead. "My beautiful broadway bound daughter. I put my arms over her shoulders and hugged her again.

"Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for helping me get here in the last few months. I couldn't ask for a better mom. I love you so much."

I heard footsteps coming from the stage and turned my head to face it. Lexi and Joanna were there. "There you are Mandy. We saw you signed in, but couldn't find you."

"Oh, Yeah. I had a meeting with the guys.

"Lin, didn't realise you were there. Hey Tommy, Alex and Andy too. Are you okay Becky?" Lexi asked sliding off the stage towards up.

"Yeah. I'm good. I'm great actually. It's all a bit surreal right now."

"What happened?" Joanna asked.

"They asked me to begin to learn the Peggy/Maria track. In the hope that I will be good enough to join the company next December once I'm 18. Lin wants me to possibly be your standby at some point in the future. They also want you to teach it to me over the next few months."

"That's great Becky. I'm so proud of you honey. I know you've worked hard in your vocal lessons." Joanna smiled at me.

"Becky, with regards to this, cast can know but no one else. So this needs to stay off social media." Tommy told me.

"What about Mari and Doug. Can I tell them?"

"Of course." Lin said. "You can tell your sister and father. But I'm afraid not you're grandparents."

"Okay just checking. I'm going to tell her tonight. She'll be so excited." I got to run Schuyler Sisters with Lexi and Mandy. Joanna played Burr and we had fun. I was so excited to get to learn and play this role. Once we were done I walked up to my mom. "You were great sis." I said before she burst into giggles.

"What's so funny?" Lexi and Joanna said together.

"My daughter is playing my sister. Don't you think that's slightly crazy, for us at least."

"Okay I see your point," Lexi said giggling too.

"I'm lost." Joanna said confused. I walked up to her.

"My mom, Mandy, is playing my sister, as Angelica. If I'm Peggy in a show one day I'll be onstage with my mom, but as her younger sister."

"Ohhh Yeah. That's kinda funny." She laughed. I got to watch their matinee performance and made notes in the Hamilton notepad Lin gave me. All I knew is I was in for a rollercoaster, and I had a steep mountain to climb first.