48 - Surprises & Missing Dad

I gazed into the room ahead of me as Lin nodded. "Shit. Tio Lin, thank you so much." I ran up to him and attacked him in a big hug. "Thanks you so much."

"You deserve it, and it's not all thanks to me. It's the people behind you and the people behind me."

"What?" There was no one there. I saw a door open and Lexi, Joanna, James and Anthony. "Oh my god." I hugged each of them and they hugged me back.

"You have to thank Joanna the most. This was all her idea." Mandy said. I turn to face Joanna and she smiles.

"Why? Why did you do all this for me? You didn't have to do anything."

"You had to go on so last minute, no proper costumes, no formal rehearsals. If you hadn't been there, I would have been made to go on sick. You deserved a treat from me." I hug her tightly.

"Thank you so much sister." I hold her close with my arms around her mid back, my head resting over her shoulder. I then hug Mandy again. "I wish daddy could be here. He'd love it, especially given that it's a much bigger party type thing."

"I know honey. He's going to try and come later. It's just hard as he has that painting due."

"Yeah." I let go and wondered around the room. There were Hamilton decorations everywhere, from banners, to balloons to cupcakes. It was way over the top. There were even Hamilton napkins. "Okay Lin, Joanna, can you two plan all my parties?"

"Sure thing sister." Joanna responded.

"I can only really do Hamilton themed things."

"Well it would be either Hamilton and Heights, or just Musical theatre in general." I respond.

"Okay then Becky." He chuckled. "Anyway let's sit down and order."

"Sounds good." We all took seats, I ended up between Mari and Joanna, which I was more than happy with. I ordered a tomato and Mozzarella bruschetta for starter and main I ordered Spaghetti Bolognese. We chat, eat, laugh and overall have the most amazing time. Getting to spend it with my closest friends and my family was amazing. I just missed my dad. We all finished our food and went and sat on the chairs, couches and bean bags in the corner.

"Becky, make a speech." My sister said to me.

"Yeah." Came a chorus of everyone.

"Okay, um well I didn't plan anything. But I guess I have to say thank you to all of you, firstly for being here to help me celebrate. I love you all so much." Mom had to check her phone.

"Becky can you wait a second, I have to go get something."

"Okay." I waited while she ran out and then was back in a few moments. "Okay, here goes. Lin, thank you for letting me be apart of Hamilton, it means the world that you can put your trust in me go play this role. Lexi, Mom, Joanna. Thank you for taking me under your wing and helping me learn all the choreography and the points I just stand on the balcony that people don't necessarily notice. The vocal lessons have been some of my favourite parts of everything. I love the bond I have with you three as your baby sister. Tio Chris, Tio Lin, Tia Karen. Thank you for your constant support as my unofficial uncles and aunt. That support means so much to me." I wiped away a few tears. "James, Anthony. Thank you for being so amazing. James, you are like my Hamilton Dad. You are always there even if it doesn't seem like it. Ant, your like my older brother, that older brother who is protective over you, but is still trying to set you up with a guy. Josh, despite not being here because of extra ensemble rehearsals to go over the sections with James Reynolds, doctor, George Eacker etcetera. He's the most wonderful boyfriend and has been there encouraging me since he joined the cast. Karen again, thank you for being there when I had something on my mind but I felt I couldn't tell my mom or stage sisters. Little Jady, you are so sweet, I know I hardly ever see you but thanks for keeping my sister entertained and happy. You are an amazing friend to her. Mari. Gosh you are the best little sister I could ask for. I love so much. Despite me hardly being around, when I am there, we have a blast. I can't wait to get to play with Benny with you more." I suddenly heard small barking and I instantly knew someone else was here and brought Benny in. I turned around and jumped over the back of the couch. "Daddy!" I ran up to him and engulfed him in a side hug as he held my puppy in his other arm.