51 - Studios

May 14th 2018
I wake up and see my mom still asleep beside me. I smile happy that she stayed by my side, it made me feel a lot better. "Morning Mama." She slowly fluttered her eyes open and smiled as she saw me.

"Good morning sweetheart, are you feeling any better?"

"A lot better, thank you for staying with me last night mom."

"Anything for my baby girl." She kissed my forehead. "I love you Becky."

"I love you too mom." I climbed out of bed and changed without any trouble. I then headed out to the kitchen for breakfast with the whole family. "Hey daddy." I go and give him a tight hug. He kissed the top of my head.

"Morning Baby girl, I hope you're feeling better."

"I am, thanks Daddy. I'm sorry about last night and all that stuff. I really love the painting and I'm going to put it in my bedroom, and I can't wait to spend today painting with you."

"It's alright Becky. I understand about last night. And I'm excited to spend today with you as well. A little daddy daughter bonding." I nodded then sat down and ate my toast that he'd made for me. Mandy took Maribelle to school and Doug and I headed to his studio. "So what do you want to paint Becky?"

"I don't know, I kinda want to do something for moms dressing room, something Hamilton inspired, the the painting you did for me. Or something Fearless Squad related."

"Well I'm going to paint another copy of the painting I did you, when I told her I was painting it, she asked for one herself because it's her and her daughter, although, and I need to check, I think she wants one of just the two of you."

"Okay, she'd like that. I think I might start with painting the fearless squad logo, and do that on a canvas for her, and then see if I can think of anything while doing that."

"That sounds like a good idea." We then got off the subway and walked to his studio. "Here we are Becky." I smiled at my father and he took my hand leading me in. "Okay, close your eyes." I reluctantly did so and he lead me into the main room. I heard the light switch go on. "Okay honey, we're here." I opened my eyes and gazed in awe at the sight.

"Wow, this place is huge. I imagined a tiny little room somewhere." My dad giggled and showed me around. One corner was where he made his wood stained frames, one corner had a shelf with every paint imaginable. There was a shelf of acrylics, a shelf of oil paints, a shelf of water colour, a shelf filled with spray paint and one of wood stains. He had a small filing cabinet with stencils that he used for the round parts of his paintings. There was a closet filled with canvases that he painted on, all different sizes. In the centre of the room was a huge table that he did the paintings on with a large light shining down on it. It was an artist heaven. He had a small office off to one side where he had a computer and all his paperwork. He then showed me a smaller desk in the main room.

"This is where I do smaller pieces for you guys. I have this photo album with loads of photos that you have sent me. So the painting I did for Christmas and the one I just did, I planned out here, I painted the Schuyler Sisters one here but had to do the other on the main desk as it was so big."

"That's so cool." I looked up at the pinboard and saw loads of pictures of me and of Mari and of mom. Also lots of full family pictures. "I love that you have photos of us on your wall Daddy."

"Of course I do. You're my family and I keep you with me at work. The photos of my little girls inspire me and show me why I do this. I do it because I love it, but I also do it for you two and mom, or else we wouldn't be able to live where we do, or have any food, we wouldn't have been able to get Benny. My three girls are why I work and you are the ones that keep me going." I give him a tight hug and smile. "Whenever I have a bad day at work, I come here to this desk and flick through all these photos and then I begin to feel better."

"I do the same, I look at the family photo album I have on my phone and look though pictures of you and Mari mainly, seeing the ones of Mom inspire me to keep going, showing how she got from a young and new actress in Eli's coming to a Broadway legend in Hamilton. You all inspire me in your own ways." I look up and he kisses my forehead.

"Okay, so lets go pick out a canvas and some paints for you and then we can get to work."

"Alright Daddy."