34 - Photo shoots

April 16th 2018
"Hey princess, you ready to go." Mandy walks in on me while I choose an outfit and before I start my morning makeup routine.

"Almost. I just have to do my makeup." I look over my shoulder to her and smile. She walks over and sits beside me on my little stool.

"Becky, honey. There's no need, Chris will do it for you. There's a few shots scheduled for both of us, so you will have your hair and make up done by him."

"Oh wow, Thanks mom." I give her a side hug and apply some lip balm, then stand up and put my boots on. We grab a few snack bars and make our way out at 7:30. In the taxi I have a slight frown on my face as I look out the window. I knew mom would notice, it was a matter of when that I was waiting for. After only five minutes she spoke.

"What's up Becky? I know you're upset about something." I sigh and look at her, revealing the tears that are rolling down my cheeks. "Sweetie, please don't cry." She pulled me over to her so I was leant against her side. She gave me a side hug and kissed my temple. I continued to sob, unable to let anything out my mouth. "Is it to do with Douglas? I know you haven't actually talked to your dad in a month, well since the Heights concert in March." I nodded against her shoulder.

"Yeah." I stuttered. "He's still refusing to accept Josh and I. He keeps putting the point that I'm so young across, but you two were together since you were our age. Maybe a year older. You moved to New York together at 19 so, that says something."

"I know baby. I'm not exactly happy with how he's been treating you. I get what he's saying about you're career, but you still have at least half a year before anything gets serious with rehearsals. I'll try and talk to him tonight for you sweetie."

"Okay. Thanks mom."

"But you have to put some effort in yourself. You have to be willing to talk to him, if he's going to accept you, Alright."

"Alright. I love you mom."

"I love you too Becky."

~~~~

Once at the studio I was greeted by Chris, the Schuyler Sisters dresser and also my mom hair and makeup artist when she did concerts or photo shoots. "Hey Chris, I've got Becky with me, so I'm doing the first two looks and you can do Becky's hair and makeup while I shoot those then we will do our partner ones. Then I'll end on the last solo one."

"Sounds good." Chris did my moms hair and makeup while I showed the photographers my designs." The painting had already been done for the pink one and the white and red one. The blue and beige sheets they already had. Chris did my moms Makeup and she looked stunning.

"You look beautiful mama. You always look beautiful but this is amazing."

"Thanks Becky."

"I'm glad it fits your vision Becky, I know how much you've put into this album with the song selection and all of that stuff. Now, hair up or down?"

"Down definitely. The classic Mandy is hair down, in its big natural curl. It looks beautiful and it's personally what I like and what I think most other people will want. It's the look everyone falls in love with and it's who you are naturally. You always talk about you and Lexi being curly girls and you need to embrace that on the album cover."

"You've really thought this through Becky, haven't you?" Chris asks as he unties my mom hair and adds a little more volume to it.

"Yeah, I have. This album means a lot to me. The Fearless Squad is why I'm here. It's how I connected with Mandy and by being Fearless I eventually revealed that I was an orphan and Mandy then adopted me. So yeah. This album means a lot, especially when I'm singing in it."

"I'm glad it means a lot to you Becky. That's the aim, it's an album for the squad, but it's dedicated to you and Maribelle. You two are my two little squadkicks. The most fearless girls I know."

"Thanks mom." Her hair was finished and she was changed into the blue dress. She did some photos spinning around and flailing the skirt around, and some on the chair. "Mom, I love that chair pose." I said looking at the monitor of photos.

"Same here." She then changed and did her shoot in the white 'suit' as Chris finished my hair and makeup. My hair was half up in two Dutch braids and the rest was hanging loose and was left straight. I changed into my black dress as did my mom and we stood in front of the pink backdrop.

"This is everything I imagined it to be mom. It's just like the original style."

"I'm so happy you like it Becky. So the pair one will be on the back of the CD and then the one of me will be the album cover right?"

"Yep." I smiled. We took a few of us standing back to back, looking at the camera. A of us just posing side by side and a few where I stood in front or behind Mandy. Overall we had a blast and taking the photos was so fun and such a surreal experience. She did the final look then we each changed back into our steer clothes and headed home. I made us all dinner as Mom and Dad talked. He somewhat apologised to me and I accepted it just because I was so done with him. I went to that night, excited that the album was nearly done. I had rehearsals with Steph and Joanna all day as well.

 I had rehearsals with Steph and Joanna all day as well

(Becky's Hair)

(Becky's Hair)