36 - Dresses

May 11th 2018
Moms album was a huge success, everyone loved it and in particular loved our song together. We headed to the theatre for a usual Friday, I had my private rehearsals and mom would watch and then do her show. What I was more excited for was that Mari had the day off school and was watching me rehearse with mom and then watch the show with me tonight.

"Are you excited to finally see Hamilton?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, I can't wait!" She smiled at mom as we got off the subway. "Why are we here so early?"

"I have rehearsals all day then we can watch mom."

"So I get to see you both?"

"Yeah, mom performing and my rehearsals."

"Way, I bet you're amazing Sissy."

"She really is Mari, she's incredible."

"Thanks mom." We walked into the theatre and found Steph, Lin, Lexi, Joanna and Josh. "Hey guys." I called as we walked onstage, Maribelle had a look of awe on her face.

"Wow. This is amazing."

"Mom, I still can't believe you've never brought her here before."

"I didn't want her to want to see it until I felt she was old enough. That's why." I nodded. The headed over to the group. I stood in front of Josh and put my hands on his shoulders.

"What are you doing here at this time babe?" He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm debuting as Laurens/Phillip tonight as Ant is Ill, so I thought I'd come and join you to get a little extra rehearsal in."

"Ah Okay. Well it's nice to have you here, and good luck tonight mi amor." I gave him a gentle kiss then turned around in his arms to face the others.

"You kids are adorable." Joanna said causing me to giggle.

"Okay. Becky, you and Joanna are going to go to the wardrobe department and get measurements taken of you to see if you will fit in any of the dresses and shoes we currently have, so you can practice in them this afternoon, I'm going to work with Josh for an hour while you do that then we will go from there."

"Okay." I take Joanna's hand and run backstage to the wardrobe department, and realised I'm in jeans and a top.

"Hey Becky. You ready for costume measurements?"

"Yes." I say excitedly."

"Fab, do you happen to have anything else you could change into? It may be quite hard to take measurements in that."

"Um, Yeah, I didn't know I was having measurements taken. I may have a pair of dance shorts and vest top in my moms dressing room. I keep a pair there for last minute dance rehearsals."

"That will be perfect." I run up to my moms room and change. Then run back down. "That's great Becky." We took the measurements in half an hour, there were loads to do, and then compared them with Joanna's. "Okay, by the looks of this you should be able to fit in Joanna's dresses pretty much, they may be a little long, but for today will be fine."

"Fab." They find her spare Schuyler Sisters, Peggy dress and I get to wear it. "This is so crazy that I get to wear the actual dress."

"You deserve it Becky."

"Your corset will be slightly tighter in your actual dress, as you are a little thinner than Joanna, but then again you are significantly younger than her."

"Okay." They tightened the corset. "Wow, this is tight already, how do you sing and dance with this?"

"With difficulty and practice, practice, practice."

"I guess practice makes perfect." I got into the rest of the outfit and found a pair of Schuyler sister shoes that fit, from one of the understudies who was off on vacation. "Wow, I feel like it's all coming together. Wearing the dress makes it so much more real."

"You look beautiful Becky."

"Thanks Joanna. Can I go out and show mom?"

"Of course Becky." The wardrobe manager responded. I walked out quite comfortably, and saw them all chatting as Josh ran through his choreography for My Shot. As he moved he glanced and me and did a double take, completely freezing in position. I giggled from the side.

"JOSH!" Lin snapped his fingers.

"Sorry, my girlfriend rocks the Peggy dress." I smiled at him then walked out and my mom squealed and jumped onto the stage.

"Oh my gosh, Becky, sweetie, you look incredible, it fits so well." She ran up to me and gave me a massive hug.

"It all feels so real now." I spun around letting the dress flair out. I looked into my moms eyes to see her tearing up. "Don't cry mama, you're going to make me cry."

"You look so grown up, and my baby girl is going to be making her Broadway debut as my sister in a few months. I get to say I have a daughter on Broadway. It's just so surreal. I'm so proud of you princess, so, so proud. I wish yore father could be here."

"So do I. But have have my two best friends with me, my two biggest motivators and my two favourite women in the world. My little sister and my mom." I bend over and hug my sister, who was now on the stage, with Lin's help. "The two who keep me fearless." I kiss Maribelle's head and then Mandy kisses mine.

"You look beautiful Becky." I look down at my sister and smile at her.

"Thanks Sissy. I love you so much."

"I love you too."