70 - Shows

The show began and was over before I even realised. My mom gave me a huge hug during our bows. I spotted my family in the audience, on there feet cheering so loudly for me. I smiled widely at them and we headed off stage. We went and changed and headed back to the main area. We ate the cake and my sister ran up to me, giving me the biggest hug ever. "I'm so proud of you Becky. You were phenomenal and amazing and incredible and I was blown away and just everything, you were great. It's clear how much you've worked since last time."

"Thanks sis." Dad came in with Karen and Chris, I could hear them talking about the show and me.

"Your daughter is crazy talented Doug. And your wife, but we knew that before. Becky's got such a special ability, one I've never seen before. She's getting a Tony one day and that's for sure."

"She really is a special girl. I know it was a rough start when she joined the family, and that was mostly my fault. But she is so incredible and, yes Mandy was incredibly talented when we were 18. But, Becky, she's really got something else. It's all just so natural to her, she didn't sing before she met us, she'd never had lessons. So it's such a gift. And she's such a gift to Mandy and I having her as our daughter." Halfway through I just had my arms around my sisters shoulders, listening to and watching the other three come towards mom, Mari and I. "And we are both so incredibly proud of her accomplishments."

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me Daddy. I love you so much." I step back from my sister and hug my father.

"I love you too. I never want you to leave. But you're 18 and I don't doubt you'll leave soon."

"Well I have a contract for a year, so I can't leave until next November anyway. So you've got at least one more year with me, then I may start auditioning for shows. I want to stay in the city. But if I get an incredible offer elsewhere, I'm not going to turn it down."

"I know baby, and whatever you chose to do, mom and I will support you and help you through it."

"I know you will, because you are my parents. And that's your job! Your 24/7 job. And you're the best at doing it in the world. Both of you." I bring both my parents and my sister into a family hug. Chris and Karen take some photos. After eating cake and taking photos we headed home. Not much happened that night, my sister went to bed and I spent some alone time with my parents. Eventually I went to bed, readying myself for the following day. The most nerve racking performance of my life. My mom.

~~~~~

The show went smoothly and on my part it was almost flawless. I forgot a piece of paper in act two but it wasn't crucial so it was okay. We did our bows and I headed off and changed. A knock came on my dressing room door and I opened it to see my mom, Joanna and Lin.

"Uncle Lin. You're here?" I gave him a hug then quickly hugged Mandy and Joanna.

"Yeah, and you were phenomenal. But I'll let your mom to the talking. I came by to say happy birthday but then I saw that you were on so thought I'd stay and watch."

"Well thank you for coming." I smiled and was then brought into another hug by my mom.

"I'm so incredibly proud of you. I know I say that daily. But seeing you onstage, without me. You looked so incredibly grown up doing it without me by your side. You really are a beautiful growing actress. I love you Becky. So much. You're going far, I'm sure of it."

"Thanks Mom. I wouldn't be here without you. I have to thank you for everything." We stay in our hug for for a few moments longer before heading home together.