Ch. 90: Long Walks on the Beach (Part 2)

Hyunwoo

"Okay. Let's go, but we should dry off first,"  I answered. He nods so we walked over to our spot where some of the other staffs were and grabbed our towels. I looked mine and started to dry off Kihyun's hair before he could. He whines and complains that I was doing it too roughly so  I slowed down. 

When I was done, he says, "Me too." He reaches up with his towel, but couldn't quite reach so I bent my knees a little so he could. As he was drying my hair, I watched his face as he focused on his task while biting on his lower lip slightly. I kissed him right then as he just look so soft at the moment. Kihyun pauses in his ministrations and hides his face with the towel I left on his head. 

"Yah~," he says cutely before smacking me a bit hard with the towel he had used to hide himself.  

Kihyun

~five minutes later~

After we dried off,  we walked along the beach while dodging other beach goers with our hands together. I sighed contently as the sun was drying us off the rest of the way and this mood was quite nice. Going for a long walk on the beach is kind of cliche, but it is a nice experience. 

The sounds of the  waves crashing against the beach, people being happy, and more was quite relaxing. The feeling of the sand under our bare feet was like warm silk. As we walked further down the beach, there was less and less people so it was much easier to take in everything. 

"Wanna sit down on that log over there," Hyunwoo asks suddenly disrupting my thoughts.

"Sure. Why not," I replied. He leads us over to the log and brushes off some of the sand on it so I wouldn't get sand on me. We sat down together with our hands still locked onto each other. The sun basked us in its rays and the ocean sparkled from them. I sighed contently and leaned my head onto Hyunwoo's shoulder.

For what felt like hours, we sat there silently watching the waves and letting the breeze bathed us. 

"Kihyun."

"Hmm?"

"Open your palm," he says.

"Why," I asked as it was a weird request.

"Just do it," he urges. So, I let go of his hand and held my hand upward. Hyunwoo takes out something from his pocket and places it on my hand. It was a rectangular box.

"What is this?"

"Open it."

"It isn't going to be something scary, right," I asked as he did something like this before.

"You'll see," he smiles.

"Hmm, that's for sure," I mumbled as I held the box slightly away from me and opened it slowly. In it was a white gold infinity necklace. "Hyunwoo," I gasped as I took out the necklace from the box. He takes the necklace out of my hands and unclasps it before putting it on me. I absentmindedly touched it and rubbed the infinity symbol between my fingers.

  "What is thi-," I continued but cut myself short as the feels were getting to me.  

"A promise that I will love you always and forever," he says seriously as he holds my hand.

"I love you too, Son Hyunwoo. Always and forever," I said as tears left my eyes.  "Ahh, is it raining," I said with my voice trembling as I looked up toward the sky hoping to make those betraying tears go back in.

Then, he caress both of my cheeks, and repeats before kissing me, "Always and forever."

A/N: I personally love it when books mention the title in it so here it is ....  Also, kudos to whoever got the Fullmetal Alchemist reference =) A picture of the necklace is at the top of this chapter.