Our Story

Hi, this was requested so I thought I’d try write it and change it up a bit. It’s about when you guys were younger. I hope you enjoy it.

_________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey can I play with you guys?” You asked politely to two girls who were playing in the sandpit, you were new in town and didn’t know any of the people, so your mum thought it was a good idea to take you out to the park to meet the local kids.

The one with the blonde hair faced you with a disgusted look “Ew no I don’t like you” she sneered. “Yeah you look stupid” the other one chimed in. Instead of saying anything back you ran away from them towards a tree near the back of the playground you were in, You sat behind it and wiped the tears that were falling from your face. Those girls were horrible.

You felt a presence next to you making you jump a little, but when you turned your head to the side you realised it was a boy around your age, his hair was a little scruffy and he was looking at you with a frown on his face. “Don’t cry” he said, “I don’t like seeing girls cry,” he added making you smile. “Sorry” you mumbled.

“I’m Niall, what’s your name?” he asked. “Y/n” you replied. “It’s nice to meet you y/n” he smiled.

“My dad always told me to treat girls with respect, so do you want a hug?” he asked, taking you by surprise “A hug?” you asked confusingly. “Yeah. A hug always cheers me up, they solve everything” he said with a cheesy grin on his face. “Alright then” you said unsurely. He got up and wrapped his arms around you, he was right hugs did make everything better.

“Thank you” you said to him. “It’s alright” he replied.

“So how old are you?” he asked. “I’m 7” you told him. He had a cheeky smile on his face “Well I’m 8 and a half.” You nodded “Must be nice to be old,” you joked, well actually he took it seriously “It is, but I can’t wait till I’m 10, that’s gonna be the big one.”  He winked making you laugh.

“So why are you sitting here all alone?” he asked. “No one wanted to play with me and some girls were being mean to me” You said with a sad smile. “Well I want to play with you, I think you’re awesome….and pretty” he mumbled the last part with a hint of a blush appearing on his cheeks. “Really?” You asked brightly. He nodded his head “Hell yeah, come on let’s go show those girls whose boss” he smirked standing up and bringing his hands towards you. You held on to his hands and didn’t let go for the rest of your time at the park.

*Back to the present day*

“Which story are you telling them tonight princess?” Niall asked leaning against the doorframe of your two children’s shared bedroom. They were currently both lying next to each other intensely listening, whilst you were sitting at the foot of the bed.

“Ours” You replied smiling at Niall. He smiled back and walked over to the bed and sat down next to you wrapping his arms around you and kissed your forehead “That’s my favourite story, can I stay and listen” he asked. You nodded your head and carried on telling your children about the day you met Niall, their father and soon enough they drifted off to sleep.

Niall and you kissed both of your children on the forehead and quietly walked out.

“You know the one thing I love most about our story?” Niall asked. “What?” you replied. “The fact that there are still lots and lots of chapters left to fill,” he smiled leaning in to kiss you.