Reception

You had been invited to your best friend’s cousins wedding. “Y/n I’m so glad you made it,” Kate the bride said coming over to hug you. “Of course, you look gorgeous Kate” you smiled. “How does it feel to be officially married?” you asked excitedly. “Incredible! I can’t believe it, I feel like it was just yesterday that we were all thinking of going on holiday to find our ‘dream guy’” she laughed.

 “I know, time has flown by,” you replied. “It sure has. I’ll talk to you soon y/n I’ve just got to go greet some other guests, have fun and remember eat whatever you want.” She chuckled giving you one last hug before she walked over to some more guests.

You turned around to walk when you bumped into something or more like someone. “Oh I’m sorry” you said starting looking at the person you bumped into. “No, it was my fault, sorry….. I’m Niall” he had a beautiful Irish accent, he was a little taller than you, his hair was a very nice blonde and as weird as it may sound, you really wanted to run your hands through it, it just looked so soft. You quickly cleared your throat realising you had been staring a little too long, “Erm…Y/N” you replied hesitantly.

“Y/n lovely name” he smiled, “Nice to meet you” he carried on. “You too, sorry again about bumping into you, I can be a real klutz at times” you laughed. He laughed along, “No biggie, I’m glad you bumped into me, oh I mean…not glad, but you know it’s not that I wanted you to...i just, I don’t….” you couldn’t help but laugh at how he was rambling, his face had gone a little red, “I get it” you nodded cutting him off before he carried on. “Yeah sorry, I talk a lot, would you like to dance?” he asked hopefully.

You nodded your head “Sure”

Niall held onto your hand sending sparks up your arm as he pulled you towards the dance floor.

He pulled you in close, placing his hands on your hips as you wrap your arms around his neck. Every once in a while he would twirl you around as you giggled a little making his face lighten up even more.

Once the dance had ended you both walked off the dance floor, “You’re a pretty good dancer y/n” Niall said, you laughed a little “I could say the same about you,” you replied.  

“That was fun thanks” you said to him. Niall nodded his head “Anytime” he replied and started to scratch the back of his neck nervously, you raised your eyebrows, knowing he wanted to say something. “You look lovely, that dress is amazing on you,” he said quietly, making you blush “Thank you Niall,”

“I think we should do this again sometime. As in hang out together. You’re fun to be around.” He blushed.

“I think we should too,” you replied smiling. Niall’s shoulders relaxed a little at your reply, “Great, so erm… how about I take you out next Saturday?” he questioned.

“I’d like that” you smiled. After you and Niall had exchanged numbers he said he had to get going. “I’ll call you” he said starting to walk backwards as he left. You nodded, he was still walking backwards when a waiter appeared behind him “Oh Niall watch ou..” you began to say

Too late, the sound of the tray dropping hit the ground filled your ears as some of the food went with it.

You heard Niall curse under his breath making you laugh a little, he apologised to the waiter who didn’t seem to mind Niall’s nervous behaviour.

Niall seemed a little embarrassed, you heard him mutter to himself “Get it together man, you can do this,”  making you chuckle, Niall heard and gave you a small wink before waving to you as he exited the room. The only thing you could think about after that was how excited you were for Saturday.