Chapter twenty-one - Goodbye

Harry walked out of the school and into a cab. ''Where to?'' The cab driver said. ''The Oscorp tower'' Harry said. ''Oscorp, got it'' The cab driver said and started the engine.

Around 40 miles away from Harry. Peter walked and Gwen met each other at school today and Gwen invited him to eat some ice cream around one mile from the Oscorp tower. ''So what have you been up to?'' Gwen asked Peter.

''I've been doing some..Uh.. Web designing..'' Peter said. Gwen smiled and took a bite of her ice cream. ''How about you?'' Peter asked. ''I work at the Oscorp tower actually. Well I do work studies, so you can't really call it work I guess'' Gwen said giggling.

''Really? That's funny..'' Peter said. ''Why is that funny?'' Gwen asked. ''Nothing it's just that Oscorp connects with almost everyone I know or knew..'' Peter said.

''Who else do you know besides me?'' Gwen asked. ''Well my parents....and Harry of course, you know who that is right?'' Peter asked. ''Yeah I met him in chemistry class today, and the most strangest thing happened. You know that experiment with the hydrochloric acid and hair?'' Gwen asked.

''Yeah, the acid turns red because of the pigments in human hair'' Peter said. ''Well it didn't, at least not with his hair... '' Gwen said and she took the last bite of her ice cream. ''What do you mean?'' Peter asked. ''His acid turned green, radioactive green'' Gwen said. ''What?'' Peter said amazed. ''Yeah, the teacher took it with him for some experiments..'' Gwen said.

Peter slowly turned around and saw cars being flipped over and heard people screaming like maniacs. ''Gwen, I'll see you tomorrow I gotta go!'' Peter said. ''Wait Peter! Come over to this place tonight, okay?'' Gwen asked with her sweetest voice. Peter smiled and received Gwen's note. ''See you tonight'' Peter said and he ran into an alley.

Within a few seconds Spider-Man came flying through the air. In the middle of the street was some kind of wild animal tossing cars around and roaring like a tiger.

"Hey, beautiful!" Spider-Man yelled as he landed on a lantern. The hairy creature turned around and roared loud at Spider-Man, who instantly webbed his mouth.

The creature ripped the webbing of his mouth and ran towards the lantern which Spider-Man was sitting on. His speed was incredible, twice as fast as Spider-Man was.

"I AM VERMIN!" Vermin screamed out. "I'm Spider-Man, nice to meet you. Is there any particular reason why you are rampaging through 6th Avenue? " Spider-Man said sarcastically he swung to a car. Vermin looked around in confusion and looked at a man who was holding his dog in his arms.

Vermin looked focused at the man, which caused the man to faint. The sweet, cute dog fell on the ground and started to bark softly. Vermin looked deeply in the dogs brown eyes, as the dogs barking began to turn hard and alarming.

Spider-Man sprinted to the man to see if he was okay. The dog started to run to Spider-Man as he barked like crazy. The dog jumped up against Spider-Man's body and tried to bite him. Spider-Man immediately webbed the dog to the wall and checked if the man was okay.

''Okay, he just fainted. Did that maniac just controlled that dog?'' Spider-Man thought. ''My spider sense'' Spider-man thought. he turned around and saw a claw with razor sharp nails coming towards him body.

He dodged the arm and jumped right over Vermin. ''Really? Why is it that every villain wants to rip my suit apart?'' Spider-Man said. ''I DON'T HAVE TIME TO PLAY WITH AN INSECT!'' Vermin yelled as he lifted up a bus. ''Spider's are arachnids, huge difference'' Spider-Man said.

The bus flew through the sky towards a group of people. The crowd was screaming and yelling, because the bus was coming their way.

''Help...wait!'' Someone in the crowd said. The bus floated in the air like it was held by some kind of force. A elderly man walked out of the crowd and studied the bus. ''It's a web..'' The man said. ''GO SPIDER-MAN GO!'' The crowd yelled. Vermin climbed up the Oscorp tower and Spider-Man swung behind him.