// 6

here's the story of my interactive introverts.

(spoiler free, this is my pre-show experience)

we (me, my friend julia, and her older sister annie) left the house at 4:30. annie is 18 so she drove us. we figured that since the show starts at 8, leaving at 4:30 would be an okay time.

turns out there is a TON of traffic everywhere. denver sucks. there's so much traffic all the time. we end up losing nearly ten minutes being stuck in traffic, but we make it back up with driving that's probably quite illegal.

we got to downtown denver around 5:30, but we passed the entrance to the only parking garage. we ended up going around the same block twice because we couldn't get to the entrance because of all the fucking one way streets.

we ended up at the denver convention center at 6. we wanted to get to the doors at 7, so finding somewhere to eat would be difficult. we planned on going to this one place, but there turned out to be a forty minute wait.

so we said fuck that, and tried to find a place where we could just grab a snack and then get food after the show. we found a starbucks about three blocks from the show and we all just got those tiny paninis to eat while walking.

we scarfed them down and went back to the convention center and got into line for the metal detectors. we got there at about 6:30. they started letting us through the metal detectors at 6:45. we got through it just fine.

then we got into the merch line. holy fuck was the merch line so goddamn long. like, we got in the line at 6:50 and ended up getting our merch at nearly 7:30. so holy fuck the line was long.

we got the merch around 7:30. i got a tour t-shirt, a poster, and a set of plushies. together it cost 70 dollars. not too shabby.

we got into the theatre at like 7:35 probably and found our seats and holy fuck are they good seats. like look at this

we could see dan's dimple! that's all that really matters in life to be honest

we saw gail in the theatre! since they were going to this show too i looked for a tall person with green hair and i found them! woo! them and their other friend were sitting kinda far back, but i mean, some interactive introverts is better than no interactive introverts.

they had a playlist and the song they played right before they jumped out was welcome to the black parade by my chemical romance. so everyone in the theatre was yelling the lyrics. it was so wonderful and made me so happy.

then the show started!

there was a thirty minute intermission and so me and julia got up to get food. we ran into gail and we all just kinda said hello and then went off. i'm only in denver for four days, and usually when i go to denver i spend like a fucking week with them, and i barely got to see them this time. that makes me so sad, because i adore them so so so so so much but they have other things happening this summer, and i got shit to do, and i mean they just spent a week at my house in march so it's okay to now see them for a while, right? but man, i wish i could see them every day. they just make my heart do the happy thing, you know? their presence makes me happy. i love them so much and i wish i could've seen them more.

shit i should probably stop ranting about gail.

ANYWAYS

the second half of the show went on, and i started fucking sobbing during the last five minutes. like shoulders shaking, tears pouring sobbing.

dan and phil have just made me happy so many times, and seeing them in 3D was incredible. they've helped me off the brink so many times and i just wish they could know how much they mean to me.

so i was sobbing when they left the stage.

we all got back to the car at almost 11, since the show ended at 10:30. we waited in the parking lot for-fucking-ever.

we ended up stopping at mcdonald's at about midnight because we were all hungry. i got a fucking happy meal.

but on the drive home, jesus christ. it was one of the times i really feel at peace with the world and with myself.

talking to one of my best friends and her super totally badass older sister about the show we just saw, while listening to feely music and driving at night (which i think is one of the most beautiful things), really put everything at peace.

we finally crashed at home at about 1 am.
m
i got up this morning and i couldn't talk. i think some of my hearing is gone too.

but anyways, interactive introverts.

undoubtedly one of the best nights of my life. there will be better ones and i know it, but this one takes a definite top spot. forever.

next chapter i'll be talking about what happened specifically at the denver show. so they're kinda not spoilers because every show will be different, but still kinda spoilers because of the main frame of every show is the same.