// 60

wow i've had a very exhausting day so now i'm going to tell all of you about it because i can

i got up at 5:30 in the morning on a saturday so i could get to school at an appropriate time for a marching band trip.

i got there in time and we were supposed to leave at 7 am but the buses showed up at 8 am so we got an hour behind and now everyone's frazzled

in the rush to get all the uniforms under the bus and grab our lunches, dawn and i couldn't get seats together. sadness, but we've spent the whole time texting anyway so it's fine

and then we went on our way to a short lil competition in denver! which means that there was also a five hour trip in order to go! woo!

on the bus, we were able to watch movies. we watched the lorax (including all band kids singing every song so loudly), jurassic park (yay!), and up. halfway through we stopped at a little rest area to go to the bathroom and there were roughly 75 girls who had to use 5 stalls. yikes.

we rolled up to the competition at about 1:40, which is 40 minutes later than we were supposed to get there. we suited up and it was hella hot and we warmed up a lot less than we needed to and then performed a show! some people said it was our best show yet but i think i screwed up many times.

we left the place at about 4:30 and drove to a nearby mall and got dinner. me and dawn got chinese food and it was rather good.

okay side note: watching small town kids in a big city is hilarious. i lived in denver for most of my life (13 years) so i'm used to seeing things like traffic and 7-11s and two story malls and big department stores. they all freaked when they saw them and it was hilarious.

anyway, we all got back on the bus at 5:45 and we didn't leave until almost 6:30. why we waited for so long, i don't know. it was probably someone being an idiot.

we left for another 5 hour and ride at 6:30. on the bus ride back we watched robots (a really long and boring movie), tangled (everyone sang to all the songs), treasure planet (which was so fucking weird. the movie itself is so strange and then that was mixed with my pounding headache and extreme exhaustion and the whole thing felt like a drug trip), and we got partially through ratatouille.

we stopped at a rest stop about halfway back so we could all go to the bathroom but then my bus driver accidentally went the wrong fucking way on the highway and we had to go east for about ten minutes before we could turn around. dumbass.

i got back to the school at about 11:45 and ended up home at around 12:15 am. it took me forever to fall asleep though, and i was up until almost 2 am.

that means that on saturday, october 27th, i was up about 20 hours of the day.

even though it was a day with my band, i can't say that it was a good day.