// 105

(TW: heavy mentions of self harm, light mention of suicide)

if i see hear one more insensitive joke about self harm i'm going to call your shit out.

i don't care if you're a close friend. i don't care if you're my work superior.

if i hear you joke about self harm, i'm going to call you out on that shit.

because it's not funny. i get the stereotype of "emo kids self harming for attention" and how you might want to make a mockery of that. but don't. you might think it's funny, but it's not.

it's incredibly insensitive. self harming is life destroying. it's a destructive habit that gets people landed into hospitals. it's a very sensitive topic to a good making of people and joking about it makes you an asshole.

as someone who dealt (and is still dealing) with self harm, you're being rude. you're actually triggering me.

the jokes you make are literally encouraging people to commit suicide rather than self harm.

that's fucked up. that's ridiculously fucked up that you'd even think it's okay to say that, let alone actually say it. "it's a joke!", that doesn't matter. a discriminatory joke is still a discriminatory statement.

so, i swear on the life that i still have,

if you joke about self harm one more time, i will call you out on it.