// 108

i'm still working on // 107 but i have to get this out of my brain it's literally eating me alive

so i have a theory

and i think it might all align

hear me out

(before we get into this, some people may see this theory as an invasion of privacy on dan and phil and somebody reading too much into their lives and fetishizing them now that they're both out. it's not, i promise. i respect dan and phil just as much, if not more than the next guy. i'm just a bored teenager who loves these dorks a lot and finds that they greatly improve their life. i like to make these types of theories, and i'm not trying to push this onto them or make it creepy. i promise)

now back to your regularly scheduled bullshit!

dan and phil both came out as gay this month. and per dan's video we know they are (or at least were) in a relationship. they've lived together in three different apartments. manchester, london 1, and london 2.

for the london 1 apartment, we know exactly what it looked like. the layout of the apartment was put into a video tour, and the book The Amazing Book is Not On Fire. they had two bedrooms. that's likely because dan wasn't out to his family (or anyone) and phil wasn't out to most people. so they had to have two bedrooms to keep their secrecy.

but they moved to the london 2 apartment in 2017. since then, we've gotten no tours, no layouts, no nothing. we've actually seen very little of the house. aside from the gaming room, kitchen, and living room, we've barely seen any of it.

so my theory is: there's only one bedroom. or maybe two, but they use it as a gaming room or an office. they share a bed now.

evidence to back up my theory. dan hasn't posted a video of him in his bedroom since they moved (i mean he has only posted like 10 videos so). phil has been posting videos of him on his bedsheets, but think about it. at the start of this year, he changed his background and is now sitting in a new place in their house. so no longer is he showing his bed.

and! and in phil's coming out video, he uploaded the clip of him sliding out of the closet, saying "hi i'm gay" and going back into the closet. which 1, is a cinematic masterpiece. and 2, it shows his bedsheets in the closet. i'm not shitting you, in the clip you can see him sitting on his trademark blue and green bedsheets. they're obviously in storage. so to me, that says that phil doesn't need his own bedsheets anymore because now he's sharing a bed.

to me that all seems pretty clear. dan and phil only have one bedroom in their london 2 apartment and are sharing the bed in it.

now, what does that mean for us?

new apartment tour, showing only the one bedroom.

"why?", you ask. well here's my reasoning. dan recently changed the name of one of his older videos from "london apartment tour" to "the first london apartment tour", implying that there's soon going to be a second. now that dan's out, it doesn't matter who knows about the only one bedroom, so they may as well make an apartment tour.

so i hope my theory makes sense. this is what i thought about when i couldn't sleep last night.

thank you for listening to my tedtalk.