Monster

You took a glance at the living room, the TV was on but Jimin wasn't there watching as he always does after almost every meal, you turned around and walked back to the kitchen. You let out a deep sigh as you were drying your hands with the kitchen towel. Usually Jimin would help you clean up the dishes but he wasn't himself lately. He just ate his meal quietly and left. He's been feeling down since the park incident and you don't like seeing him depressed like that.

You left the kitchen and walked over to your room. Slowly, you opened the door and glanced inside. You saw Jimin curled up on your bed, but you couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not since his back was facing you.

The door made a creaking sound when you pushed it further. Jimin's ears twitched but he didn't make a move. You stepped inside and walked over to your bed sitting close to Jimin. You ran your fingers through his soft hair. His tail moved slowly in relaxation, which reassured you that he is awake.

Y/N: "sweetie, are you ok?" You asked softly.

His shoulder rising as he sighed deeply but he didn't answer. You placed your hand on his forearm and spoke.

Y/N: "Jimin, look at me, I wanna see your beautiful face". You said.

Jimin's tail flicked a bit after hearing your words. He slowly sat up and faced you. He was looking at his lap. His face had a sad expression on but your eyes caught a cute blush spreading on his cheeks.

Y/N: "are you alright?". You asked again.

He slowly nodded his head. You sighed knowing that's not true.

Y/N: "but You don't smile like you always do". You said and reached your hand to his chin lifting his head up to make him look at you.

Y/N: "can you tell me why you've been feeling down lately?". You asked softly.

Of course you know why he's been acting different lately but you want to hear from him. He just needs someone to comfort him.

Jimin looked at you but he couldn't hold your gaze for some reason, he looked down again to his lap before speaking.

Jimin: "I am a monster". He said his voice was wavering.

Your heart broke at his words. You didn't realize he was deeply depressed. He is starting to think low of himself.

As much as you wanted to hug him tightly right now and tell him he's wrong, you also wanted to give him a chance to talk. You tried to calm your aching heart and continued speaking.

Y/N: " why do you think that?". You asked calmly.

Jimin: "I... hurt people". He said sounding choked up with emotions.

Y/N: "Jimin, if you're blaming yourself because of what happened in the park you_"

Jimin: "no". He interrupted.

You looked at him surprised. He lifted his head up and his watery eyes stared at you.

Jimin: " what happened in the park was because of me, I always hurt people"

You opened your mouth to speak but Jimin interrupted you again.

Jimin: "(Y/N), you don't understand this is who I am, this is what they made me, they made me a monster". He said in a sad tone.

You farrowed your brows. Who is he talking about? This is clearly not just about the park incident as you thought.

Y/N: "who made you?".

Jimin: "back at the hybrid facility, they forced me to.. to do bad things". He said and turned his head to the other side avoiding looking at you.

He's talking about his past, back when he was young. You remembered what Yoongi had told you. "They were especially breeded for combat". So this is what this is about.