Midoriya First Date Headcanons

He was a nervous wreck when he officially asked you out on a date for the first time. He wants it to be perfect, hoping no villains or unexpected events come up that might ruin it.

There are some heroes doing an autograph event at the local aquarium – some of his favorites and some of yours, too – so he offers that up as an idea: a mix of calm and exciting.

He's sweating bullets on the way there, holding your hand but he keeps having to let go to wipe his hands on his pants. You try and hold on and he lets go – it becomes a game after a while to ease the tension.

His mind is racing with question: What if I make a fool of myself? What if a villain attacks? What if I say something to offend them? Did I forget my wallet?!...no ok WHEW! What if...oh my god WHAT IF THEY WANT A GOODNIGHTKISSIDONT-

He's muttering to himself which you know is normal at this point by the time you arrive at the aquarium.

You both wait in line for autographs. It's already pretty long so you both are just passing the time chatting and looking over the aquarium map to see what exhibits you want to go to. Well it ends up being all of them so it's gonna be a busy day.

Midoriya of course freaks out when he gets to the front of the line for an autograph on some of his memorabilia, you off to the side getting yours. He keeps asking questions about their Quirk but you drag him away because he's holding up the line.

You both pass by the jellyfish which are nice and calm the way they dance through the water. You're looking at them, but Midoriya is looking at you.

There's another game where you both try and pick out fish that look like you. He finds one that's the same color as your hair, and they find one with giant eyes and spots that look like his freckles. He's a blushing mess when you say his freckles are cute.

There's a big long underwater tunnel with thousands of fish going overhead. The dim lights and the reflection of shifting water feels pretty romantic. You think it's the perfect time for a peck on the cheek, but unfortunately he thinks the exact same thing...so your heads turn at the same time your lips meet. Oops.

He breaks the kiss quickly, apologizing profusely, face a horrible shade of red as he stutters and freaks out that he's gone too far, was too forward, you'll not want another date with him, etc.

But you grab his face and say he shouldn't apologize, the kiss was nice but not long enough in all honestly. Well his boy thinks about All Might's bravery in the face of adversity and just goes for it, kissing you on purpose this time. It's very chaste and gentle and awkward but still quite nice.

You both walk hand in hand back home, he's not feeling as nervous about things anymore.