Todoroki x Reader have a fight

Words flew through the air rapidly as the two of you fought. It should've never gotten so out-of-hand, but Shouto was always a reactionary person. You could thank his father for that trait.

"Shouto, just calm down!" you yelled from across the room as his eyes flared as if on fire.

"Don't tell me how to react. You're such a terrible liar, you know that? Did you really think you could keep going without me finding out?" He stepped towards you but you held your ground. No matter how angry he was he'd never truly hurt you, right?

"You literally found out nothing! I wasn't hiding anything - you're just building conclusion because, what, you've been waiting for your chance to finally leave?!" You didn't mean to blurt out such hurtful words but they came up easily. He'd been distant for weeks and you figured some blow up like this would happen...you just never expected it over such a horrible misunderstanding.

His eyes were sharp like diamonds. "Ah, so it's all my fault now? That it?"

"I really don't know what else to say." You felt like sinking straight into the floor and down into the depths where he couldn't find you. At least then the screaming would stop. "Shouto-"

"I think we're done." He grabbed his coat and slid his arms into the sleeves before heading towards the front door. You called after him but he ignored you. "Karma's a bitch."

And with a slam, he was gone.

Three weeks later...

The apartment was silent aside from the running water in the kitchen as you washed dishes. Shouto hadn't returned while you were there but you knew he'd been around because some of his clothes were missing. There was nothing you could do - and nothing you particularly wanted to do, either. He'd jumped to conclusions without evidence and screwed things up on his own; he either stayed away to avoid admitting to the fact that he was wrong or he truly believed that what he thought was true.

Either way, you slept alone in the bed the two of you used to share and wondered "what next" into the cold late night air.

A knock at the door brought your attention away from the dishes. "It's late," you muttered before drying your hands and walking over to open the door.

The last person you expected to see in front of you was Shouto. You assumed his stubbornness kept him from returning, but it seemed like he'd given in, and his face was marred with sleeplessness and stress.

"Hey-"

"Don't 'hey' me, what do you want?' You crossed your arms and stared at him unmoving. You weren't about to just forgive him and let him back in so easily.

He sighed and pulled out a massive bouquet of flowers from behind his back. They were your favorites, and he somehow managed to find them even on the off-season. "I know I messed up. You were right, and...I was acting like my father, and I think that made me angrier. Mad at myself, but I took it out on you. I don't expect easy forgiveness-"

"Correct. Do you have any idea what you'll have to do to make it up to me?"

"Whatever you want, I'll do it. Doesn't matter." You debated making him continue sleeping at the hotel or friend's house or wherever he was staying out of spite, but the almost pathetic look of a wet dog made you extend a bit of pity.

"...You're allowed back in but you're sleeping on the couch."

"That's a better answer than what I thought you'd say." And with that the door closed behind them. It would take time to rebuild trust, but she was willing to let him try if he was willing to work for it.