Bakugou Soulmate AU

The day was average and boring, and Bakugou hated days just like this. Nothing exciting happened, his body moving through the motions of monotony. Having finished his homework early – because of course he did – Bakugou's mother sent him on an errand for groceries. He grumbled the entire way to the store.

"Can't believe that old hag, can't buy damn groceries herself..." he muttered out through gritted teeth as he walked in the automatic doors of the store a few blocks from his home.

After grabbing up the things from his mother's list, he went to the snack aisle to get something for himself – he had money, and she didn't have to know, right? Not being the biggest fan of sweets, he reached forward to grab a bag of extra-spicy chips. In his dedicated ability to tune-out the chatter of pedestrians and annoying adults, he didn't notice someone else grabbing for the exact same bag of chips.

"These are mine, back off, grab your own!" he yelled out, swatting their hand away before snatching up the bag and tossing it into the grocery cart before turning away with a huff.

...He stopped short, however, when he noticed something odd on his hand. A spot, a blemish, a stain. It was an odd color, too. Rubbing at it with his free hand, it didn't come off.

"What the hell is this shit...?" A tap on his shoulder made his head spin. It was the idiot who tried to steal his chips. "What do you-" But they held up a hand to his face...and there it was, a spot mirroring his own, except this one was bright orange. His mouth curled into a sneer.

"Uh...we might have an issue," they said, looking from their hand to Bakugou's, face dusted pink. It took a minute for him to comprehend the implication before it hit him.

And oh, it hit hard, ears warm and and face red. His soulmate, really?! It was honestly something he hadn't thought about because it wasn't on his list of priorities, his number one goal of course being the top hero of his time. He couldn't let romance or distractions get in his way. But...now that he was looking at this total stranger, they weren't half-bad looking? Like...at all? And that pissed him off even more.

Without warning he grabbed their wrist, abandoning the cart in the store as he led them out through the doors. Groceries could wait.