Fantasy! Bakugou x Modern! Reader Pt. 3

"Hey, I'm back!" Kirishima's voice rang out in the cave. He carried with him a couple of rabbits slung over his shoulder, slowing down as he neared the warm fire in the middle of the cave.

A lumpy cast shadow flitted across the cave wall as Kirishima scanned the scene. You sat next to Bakugo who held that strange light device from earlier in his hands, turning it over and looking frustrated before he lifted his head and his eyes met Kirishima's. "About time, I'm starving." He flippantly tossed the phone to you, but you caught it before the screen cracked on the hard cave ground.

"Careful! I need this for when I get home and they aren't exactly cheap..." you mumbled, though the wild man just scoffed. While his friend was out gathering food Bakugo demanded you tell him how the device worked and what all it could do. It was nearly impossible to explain the concept of electricity and the internet to someone who had zero experience with such things, but you tried your best until he became frustrated with your odd use of metaphor and would move on to a new question quickly. Of course there was no internet connection in this bizarre place, so essentially your phone was just a glorified flashlight until the battery ran out. All his messing around on it had left the battery at less than 20%, so even that small use wasn't going to last much longer. You found his curiosity entertaining, though.

"It's sorta hard to find food when I can't hardly see anything," Kirishima replied while walking towards the warm fire. Silently Bakugo and Kirishima got to work preparing the food. You were hoping to sit this rather bloody endeavor out, used to getting your food from a grocery store or restaurant, but Bakugo had other plans.

A knife was suddenly thrust in your direction by Bakugo, his stare steady as he aimed it at you hilt-first. Despite the blood on his hands and the ground he was relatively clean, which told you he was as familiar with this as he was starting a fire. "You don't work, you don't eat." You grimaced at the idea of preparing a dead animal, though maybe it was about time you got a proper look at where your food came from.

Kirishima was nearly done with his and gathered up some sturdy sticks to skewer the meat with. You look at him for help but he was loyal to Bakugo, not you. "Have you never made your own food before? It's not too hard. Kinda messy until you get used to it, though."

"We have, uh...taverns? Stores where we can buy our food already prepared so most people don't need to do this part..."

Bakugo sneered. "You rich or somethin'? Only people with money here do that often. Think you're better than us because you don't kill your own meal? You really are soft." He grabbed your wrist and put the knife in your hand before closing your fingers tightly around the hilt. "Too bad."

So he really wasn't going to take it easy on you despite your utter lack of knowledge on something like this. "If I do this will you keep your promise from earlier?"

"Promise?" Kirishima asked with curiosity. "What promise?"

"Yeah, yeah, but I'm hungry so hurry up!" It was a complete non-answer, but honestly he wasn't the only one starving. Luckily they didn't leave you completely on your own, showing you where to cut and how but letting you do the work. The air now smelled heavily of iron and your hands were stained, but by the end of it very fresh food now cooked over an open campfire, one set of which was obviously yours from the messier cuts. Now you desperately wanted a shower or bath but even that luxury seemed far-off.

You sat silently between Kirishima and Bakugo as the food sizzled and cracked over the heat. The air grew colder as time passed and the emanating heat could only warm you so much as you wrapped your arms around your knees pulled in close. "So. Tell me about the well, Bakugo the Untamed."

Your flat tone of voice must have caught him off-guard when he looked at you strangely from the corner of his eye. Tired, hungry, confused, and overwhelmed with wanting nothing more than to go home and return to familiarity your patience with his attitude was wearing thin. Being polite would only get you so far with someone like him.