All Might's s/o seeing Small Might for the first time

The sky was dark, the clouds overhead shifting against the earl grey backdrop like foreshadowing in a novel of something bigger on the horizon.

The villain was tough; tougher than All Might had anticipated, and the fight was garnering a lot of outside attention from onlookers and civilians. There was a helicopter overhead as well capturing the fight to air live on TV screens as people sat safely in their homes knowing the Symbol of Peace was out to save the day again, just like he always did.

Outside of the grocery store you saw people running both to and from something unseen outside the glass sliding doors. Grabbing up your bags the growing crowd to your right caught your attention. Some people were silent, others were yelling loud cheers.

"Go, All Might!"

"Destroy that villain, All Might!"

"You can do it, All Might!"

You started running, your legs working faster than your brain.

With heavy bags weighing down your arms, you still managed to shove through the audience of people until finally he came into view. He looked tired and strained, not like the strong man you were familiar with. The villain was strong, and All Might yelled over the crowd to 'stay back, citizens!' to make sure no one got close enough to become a casualty in the fight.

Your heart was beating out of your chest, silently hoping that the fight would end soon. Seeing him struggle was difficult knowing his job as #1 Hero was already insanely demanding and stressful. But you were always there when he needed to rest, when he needed someone to confide in.

One final blow and the fight was over, the villain laying on the ground motionless as incoming Police went to apprehend and capture the wrongdoer. All Might turned to wave at the crowd, but only you noticed the bags under his sunken eyes and his heavy breathing. He coughed into his hand before darting off into a side alley.

You followed.

Whipping around Police and onlookers you jogged around the corner of the alley where your eyes were met with a haze of strange smoke, but in the middle you could hear the coughing again. Toshinori, the man you loved, was in that smoke somewhere.

You called out hesitantly, taking small steps towards the white smoke. "Toshi...? It's me. I saw the fight, are you alright?"

The coughing suddenly stopped as the smoke dissipated, revealing a strange sight. The hair color, the clothes...they were the same as what he was just wearing, but this man did not look like the Toshinori you knew. But when he looked at you from the end of the alley, you knew it could be no one else.

"What-"

"Please...I don't want you to see me this way. You shouldn't be here."

You took another step forward, voice almost a whisper. The sound of police sirens were far-off and distant. "So it really is you, then. Is this the real you that you hide from everyone else? The All Might that cameras don't see?"

He let out a long sigh, looking off to the side avoiding your eyes. "This man you see? This is the true All Might, at least now it is. I...I understand if you-"

You were just a few feet away from him now, able to see his sunken cheeks and lackluster hair and baggy clothes. Even though he looked different, you knew he was exactly the same on the inside. "Toshi, all I want is honesty between us. It would be horribly shallow of me to leave when you're still the same man I fell in love with, no matter what you look like."

That made him snap to attention, striking blue eyes burning into your own. "But...are you sure? The All Might on TV is now just a mask I wear, I can't keep up that form as long as I used to. This is the real me. Are you OK with that?"

You were close enough now to place a gentle hand on his cheek. He leaned into the touch unconsciously. "You dork, of course I'm OK with that. We stick together right? You've helped me out - helped everyone around the city - more times than I can count. You're overdue for someone to help you for once. I'm not going anywhere."

He wrapped his arms around you and held you close. He smelled exactly the same as he always did: like comfort and safety. You hoped he could feel the same in you.