chapter 7

OWENS POV
I woke up before the alarm so I shut it off and I knew I had to wake Amelia.
"Amelia," I said softly. She mumbled something and pulled the covers over herself.
"Amelia honey wake up," I said.
"No," she said.
"Amelia," I said and moved her hair out of her face. She opened her eyes and rolled into me.
"Come in time to get up," I said.
"Owen," she mumbled.
"Don't make me drag you out of bed," I said.
"Do it," She said.
"Amelia," I said softly, "i love you."
"I love you too," She said.
"Are we telling people today?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said, "you tell your group I'll tell mine."
"Okay," I said, "when are we telling our parents."
"Mmm we could have like a family dinner with both families," she said.
"Okay," I said, "remember when I would drag you to family dinners because of Jake." She chuckled and sat up.
"Yeah," She said, "He was kinda an ass back then."
"He's better now," I said.
"That's really cute that they got married," She said.
"Yeah," I smiled. She got up to get dressed and I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," She said. We got dressed and made coffee and I notice Amelia had three cups.
"Amelia," I chuckled.
"One if for you!" She chuckled.
"I'm not judging," I laughed.
"Yes you are!" She laughed. She handed me a coffee and drank hers.
"Gotta be fully awake," she chuckled, "because my friends have wanted to know about you forever."
"I feel special," I said, "I know they want to know who you are but they don't ask."
-
We got to work kinda early which was a surprise because Amelia wouldn't get out of bed. We went our separate ways to tell our friends and I was kinda nervous. What if they all think what Levi thought? That I'm only with her to get higher? I walked into the locker room and saw them. I suddenly got really scared to tell them.
"Hey guys," I said.
"Hey," Sam said.
"So I've got something to tell you guys," I said. Jo looked at me and I nodded and she smiled.
"What is it?" Andrew asked.
"Amelia and I, well doctor shepherd, we've been dating since high school, and a few nights I asked her to marry me, so I thought I'd let you guys know that she's my fiancé," I said.
"Why didn't you just tell us from the beginning?" Sam said confused.
"Because I was worried you guys would think I was only with her to get higher up and favoritism which is obviously not the case," I said.
"Aw oh my gosh that's so cute," she said, "and high school?"
"Yeah," I chuckled, "13 years."
"Dude someone can put up with you for 13 years?" Jo joked.
"Shut up," I chuckled.
"Well congratulations dude," Andrew said.
"Thanks," I said.
"Yeah congratulations," Levi said.
"Yo Levi how do you feel now that she's off limits," Andrew joked.
"Dude taken or not She was never gonna go for him," Sam said.
"That's true she wouldn't have," I said.
"How do you know?" Levi asked.
"Because I know her a lot better than any of you ever will," I chuckled.
"Wait so you just have all the connections," Jo chuckled.
"Yeah," I chuckled.
"Connections? Like who," Sam said confused.
"Um her brother and his wife," Jo said.
"Oh yeah you're so lucky," Sam said.
"Wait so have you know them for as long as you've known Doctor Shepherd?" Andrew asked.
"Yeah," I said, "ever since I was 17."
"Wow that's insane," Jo said. My phone buzzed and it was Amelia.
"All went well🤪 love you!" She sent.
"All Good here, Love you too❤️" I sent.
"Aw is that her?" Sam said.
"Yeah," I smiled.
"Aw omg when are you guys getting married?" Jo said.
"We have no idea," I chuckled.
AMELIAS POV
All the residents usually were by the nurse's desk every morning, and sure enough they were there today.
"Hey," I said as I stood next to Derek.
"Hey," Meredith said.
"Guys I have some really exciting news," I said.
"Omg spill," Lexie said.
"Is it about the boyfriend?" Alex said.
"Bingo," I said and looked at Alex.
"The one Intern, Owen, we've been dating since high school, and a few nights ago he asked me to marry him," I said.
"Oh my god finally!!" Meredith said and hugged me tightly, "I love you guys so much."
"No fair they got to know this whole time," Lexie said.
"I mean we've known they were dating since Amelia was 15," Derek chuckled, "but congratulations Amy I love you."
"I love you too," I said as I hugged Derek tightly.
"Wow 15?" Alex said, "so what is that like 8 years?"
"I'm honored you think I look that young," I chuckled, "but 13."
"Holy shit," Alex said.
"I'm not sure how he's put up with you," Derek said.
"And I don't know how Meredith has put up with you," I said.
"Two shay," Derek said.
-
I was walking down the hall because I was oncall and I saw Owen talking to Jo.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey," he smiled. Jo's pager went off which gave Owen and I some time to talk.
"So how's work?" He asked.
"Kinda tiring," I said, "but it's okay, you?"
"It's alright," he said, "better now that we don't have to act like we aren't together."
"Yeah," I said, "it's a lot less stressful."
"Can I kiss you?" He asked.
"There's an empty oncall room," I said and bit my lip. I pulled him into the oncall room and closed the door.
"I love you," He said and kissed me.
"I love you more," I said. I backed up and he started kissing me passionately.
OWENS POV
Amelia sat on the desk and I kissed her passionately. She wrapped her legs around my waist. She started to unbutton my shirt as I kissed her neck. One of our pagers went off.
"Owen," Amelia said. I looked at my pager and it was mine. Amelia wrapped her legs around me tighter and I knew so had to leave but I didn't want to.
"Owen just a few minutes," Amelia said and kissed me.
"Amelia I have to go," I said, "I promise later."
"Don't go," she begged.
"Amelia," I said.
"Later?" She said.
"Yes," I said.
"I love you," She said.
"I love you too," I said as I kissed her one more time.