chapter 42

A few days later
OWENS POV
All the interns had a big test this upcoming week. I'm not gonna lie I haven't studied as much as I've wanted too but I've been so busy with the kids and work lately. Amelias been much better, she got back to work and has been really happy lately. We're both trying to overcome the miscarriage together.
"Does anyone wanna get together tonight and study?" Jo suggested, "cause you best believe I haven't been doing that."
"Me either," I chuckled.
"I'm down," andrew said.
"Yeah me too," Levi said.
"Yeah sure," sam said.
"Hey we could study at my house," I said.
"A sophisticated man with a house," Jo joked.
"Shut up," I said.
"Do we finally get to meet your kids?" Jo asked.
"I mean yes they do live there too," I joked, "I'll text Amelia."
"You're the only one with the luxury to call her Amelia," Sam laughed.
"Levi wishes," Andrew said. Lately we've just all been teasing Levi and it doesn't bother me anymore because it's fun to embarrass him.
"Shut up," Levi said.
"Yeah man were gonna have to put restrictions as to where you can go in the house," I joked.
"I would have never said anything if I knew!" Levi said. I took out my phone to call Amelia.
"Hey what's up?" She said.
"Yo can me and the interns study at our house tonight? It won't be long," I said.
"That's What She said," she laughed.
"You're so immature," I joked.
"Shut up," She said, "you're the one who opens our conversations with yo to seem cool to your friends."
"That's not true," I joked.
"Yes it is," she laughed, "and yeah you can i don't care."
"Okay thanks," I said.
"Hey am I on speaker?" She asked.
"No why?" i said.
"On call room 5," She said and hung up.
"Hey Amelia said you guys can come over, I gotta go check on the kids at daycare I'll text you the address and see you later," I said.
"Okay cool," sam said.
"Thanks," Jo said. I rushed into the elevator and opened the door to room 5. I opened the door and Amelia was laying on one of the beds on her phone. She sat up and smiled at me. She got up and kissed me passionately. I locked the door behind me and she hopped onto the desk and wrapped her legs around my waist. We started making out and the kiss deepened when my pager went off.
"Owen," Amelia said, pulling at the strings of my scrubs.
"Amelia," I said.
"Blow it off if it's not 911," She said and kissed my neck.
"Okay," I said and checked my pager. Sure enough it was 911.
"Owen," Amelia begged me. Her legs got tighter around my waist. I kissed her passionately.
"I have to go," I said.
"I know," she said. She let go of me and frowned. I kissed her softly again and rushed out.
-
My friends were coming over soon to study and I was glad because I really needed to study. I was watching TV with Lucas and Amelia was walking around with Ethan. He was walking a lot more now. We had to work on that with Lucas more. The doorbell rang and I picked up Lucas to bring him to the door with me. I opened the door and it was Jo.
"Oh my god hi!" She said to Lucas, "Lucas or Ethan?"
"This is Lucas," I smiled.
"Hi!" She said and smiled, "your daddy has told me so much about you and your brother." Amelia walked over with Ethan and Jo smiled.
"They look so much like you guys," she chuckled.
"They definitely look more like Owen," Amelia said.
"They have your nose," Jo said to Amelia.
"Literally everyone says that," Amelia chuckled. I saw Levi's car pull in the driveway and I turned to Amelia.
"Hey your favorite person is here," I said.
"And I just remembered I have something really important to do in the kitchen," she laughed.
"Love you," I said.
"Love you too," She said as she walked away.
-
We had all been quizzing each other for almost 2 hours.
"Can we take a break?" Jo laughed.
"Sure," I said.
"Ah oh my god is that you and shepherd?" She said and got up and walked over to the photo of us on the end table.
"I mean who else," I said.
"Oh my god you're so young!" Sam said.
"14 years does that to you," I chuckled.
"Damn," Jo said.
"Hey Levi why don't you look at that picture," Andrew joked.
"Shut up," Levi said.
"You guys actually look pretty similar," Jo said.
"Yeah," I said.
"How many years ago was this?" Sam said. I looked at the picture and it was Amelia and I on my 21st birthday.
"9 years ago," I said.
"Damn dude," Andrew said.
"Yeah," I said.
"Oh my god graduation pictures this is so cute!" Jo said. It was a photo of Amelia and I at her high school graduation.
"Is this high school or college?" Sam asked.
"High school," I said.
"Damn She was valedictorian," Jo said.
"She sure was," I smiled.
-
We were back again at studying and we got stumped on a question.
"Anyone know what your supposed to do when a partner wants something that the patient doesn't?" Andrew asked.
"Well isn't it the patients choice?" I said.
"Probably," Jo said, "I'm tired ask shepherd."
"Fine," I said.
"Yo does she have a favorite intern," Jo said, "besides you."
"Definitely Levi," Andrew joked.
"I'm pretty sure she does," I said.
"Ah," Jo said, "interesting." I texted Amelia and asked if she could come downstairs for a second. She came down and few minutes later and sat down next to me.
"Remember that case with Derek?" I said.
"Ugh yes," she said, "why?"
"Patients choice or partners choice?" I said.
"Is that an actual question," she said.
"Yes," I said.
"Patient," She said, "unless they can't make the decision for themselves it's the emergency contact with their insurance not always to partner."
"Thanks," I said, "also they wanna know if you have a favorite intern."
"The fuck kinda question is that," she laughed, "Of course I do."
"Besides me," I said.
"Oh you're assuming you're my favorite?" She said, "you know who it is."
"Yeah I know," I chuckled, it was Jo. As a joke I mouthed "Levi" and she hit my arm.
"Shut up. Any other questions?" She joked.
"Is the test easy?" Andrew joked.
"I'm not gonna lie i don't recall studying for it too much," She said, "definitely like 30 minutes."
"You also have a photographic memory," I chuckled.
"Yeah that kinda helps," she shrugged.
"And went to Harvard," I said.
"Yeah that might have helped," she laughed.
"You went to Harvard?" Sam asked, "That's so cool."
"Yeah," she smiled.
"Wow Owen she's smarter than you," Jo joked. We both chuckled.
"She definitely is," I smiled.
"You're pretty smart when you want to be," She said.
"Only when I want to be," I joked.
"Is the test long?" Jo asked tiredly.
"I mean they change that shit all the time but mine was like 60 questions," Amelia said.
"Oof," Andrew said.
"It's not that hard," Amelia said.
"Are you and Doctor Shepherd twins?" Sam asked.
"No," She laughed, "Derek wishes he was as young as me."
"Does he though," I joked.
"Shut up," she joked, "Don't you have studying to do?"
"Yeah," I shrugged.
"Goodnight," She said, "I love you." She kissed me head and got up.
"I love you too," I said.
"Awe how cute," Jo said.
"Hey Levi how do you feel about that now?" Sam said.
"Shut up," Levi said. Amelia chuckled and I smiled at her as she walked upstairs.