chapter 36

AMELIAS POV
Today Owen and I were going for an ultrasound, I was kinda nervous and excited at the same time. I also had work today and I had been out for a few days but I really wanted to get back. Owen and I dropped the boys off at daycare and we walked into Arizona's office.
"You guys ready?" She asked.
"Yes," I smiled.
"Amelia do you know around how many weeks you are?" She asked.
"I'm not sure," I chuckled, "somewhere around 10."
"Alright," Arizona smiled. She put the gel on my stomach and Owen grabbed my hand and kissed my head.
"Okay Amelia you're actually 14 weeks pregnant," Arizona said.
"Already?" I said and looked at Owen.
"Yes," Arizona said. She looked back on the screen and she got silent and that's when my heart dropped, and I knew something was wrong.
"Arizona what's wrong?" Owen said. She looked over at us and then back to the screen.
"Just one second Okay?" She said. I looked up at Owen and he squeezed my hand and kissed my head.
"It's okay," he whispered in my ear, "it'll be okay no matter what it is."
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," he said.
"Okay you guys don't need to worry Okay?" Arizona said, "Do you want to know the gender before I explain?" I looked at Owen and nodded.
"Yeah," we both said.
"Okay well first, congratulations on your baby girl!" She said.
"Oh my god," I looked at Owen and smiled he kissed me softly and I smiled.
"Okay and second, there isn't a major issue, but your baby girl is growing at a slow rate, she's the size a baby should be at 10 weeks, so this is a common issue with people Amelia's size, so the solution to this is to reduce any stress possible in your life, try to eat a little more, and to take it easy," Arizona said.
"Can I still work?" I asked.
"4 weeks is a lot behind, so I'm going to have to say no for right now, but we will schedule an appointment for next week and we'll see how it is after a week and then reevaluate Okay?" She said.
"Okay," I said upsetly.
"Hey it's okay, it's a problem that can be fixed I promise you," She said and hugged me, "i love you amy."
"I love you too," I said. She left to give Owen and I some time to talk.
"I wanna work," I said.
"I know," he said, "but you do have a lot of stress at work lately."
"Yeah I know," I said.
"Hey," He said, "it will get better."
"This is even more stressful," I said.
"I know I know," he said and kissed me softly. His pager went off and he kissed my head.
"Promise me you'll go home and not work," he said.
"I will," I said, "and I'll take the boys home should I get a ride home with someone?"
"No, no you have to boys I'll get a ride home with Jo or Andrew," He said.
"Okay I'll go talk to bailey," I said. I got up and hugged Owen tightly and then he ran off to work.