chapter 59

AMELIAS POV
I was almost fully dilated and the pain was now unbearable.
"Owen I cant," I whined.
"Yes you can it's okay," He said. I felt another sharp pain in my stomach and I screamed. Our little girl started kicking again and I grabbed Owens hand tightly.
"God I need more drugs!" I screamed.
"Amelia it's almost over okay?" Owen tried to calm me down. Arizona came in and I knew I'd had to push soon.
"Okay Amelia you're almost there," Arizona said.
"Arizona I need more drugs," I said exhausted.
"Amelia we cant give you more drugs you know that," Arizona said.
"Arizona!" I said.
"Amelia it's okay," Owen said and kissed my head.
"Owen I can't," I said about to cry.
"Okay Amelia you need to push!" Arizona said. I grabbed Owen's hand tightly and he kissed my head.
"You can do this," he said.
"Okay," I said and smiled at him. I started pushing and screaming as I squeezed Owen's hand tightly.
OWENS POV
Amelia was squeezing my hand tightly and suddenly her grip got lighter.
"Amelia?" I said.
"Owen?" She said faintly.
"Amelia!" Arizona said, "get her an oxygen mask!" I put an oxygen mask on her and it started to fog up.
"Amelia!" I said.
"O-Owen," She said.
"Amelia I know it's hard you need to push," Arizona said.
"Okay Amelia you heard her Okay you have to push," I said.
"Yeah," Amelia said. She took the oxygen mask off and started pushing while squeezing my hand.
"God I can't!" Amelia said. We both finally heard a cry and then I heard machines beeping. My life felt like it was in slow motion.
"She's crashing!" Arizona screamed. I started panicking and Arizona called someone to charge the paddles. I was freaking out.
"HUNT OUT!" Arizona yelled clearly stressed.
"Arizona!" I screamed.
"OUT!" Arizona said. Meredith pulled me out and I watched Arizona shock Amelia with the paddles. I saw Amelia sit up slowly and Arizona hugged her. I ran in crying and grabbed her hand.
"Oh my god I love you," I said and kissed her softly.
"I love you too," She said weakly.
"Okay you guys we had to rush your baby girl up to the nicu but I promise she's doing all right," Arizona said. Amelia smiled at me and I could tell she was exhausted. Amelia looked around and then looked up at me and started crying.
"Amelia honey what's wrong?" I said.
"Did I die?" She asked.
"No," I said, "you're okay I promise."
"I thought I died," She said shaking, "it was so scary."
"I know," I said. I brought her into my arms and kissed her head.
"Hey close your eyes," I said, noticing she was already falling asleep. I ran my fingers through her hair and kissed her head.