chapter 44

OWENS POV
The boys were asleep upstairs and Amelia and I had called Meg and Lila for wedding planning. Lucas got sick today which made me sad because I hate to see either one of them sick.
"I'm gonna go check on him," I said.
"Okay," Amelia said and looked up from her phone. I walked upstairs and opened the door to the boys room and Lucas was fast asleep in his little bed. I smiled and looked over at Ethan who was also sound asleep. I closed their door and walked downstairs. I walked back downstairs I walked back into the kitchen and Amelia was sitting at the counter. I saw a few tears stroll down her cheeks but she hadn't seen me walk in.
"Amelia?" I said softly. She looked up embarrassed and put her head in her hands.
"It's dumb don't ask," she said.
"You know I'm going to ask," I said.
"Please don't," She said.
"Okay," I said, "I just want you to talk to me."
"I got scared today," she said, "when Lucas got sick, I got scared because of what happened with our little girl I thought something bad was going to happen to him."
"Amelia," I said.
"It's stupid I know," she said.
"No it's not," I said.
"Is He Okay?" She asked.
"Yes he's sound asleep," I said.
"I think I should take tomorrow off," she said, "I'll stay home with them."
"Are you sure?" I said and sat down, "I can take half a shift tomorrow."
"No it's okay," she said.
"Okay," I said.
"How was your test?" She asked.
"Easy," I said.
"My smart boy," she said.
"Do you want to call off wedding planning for tonight?" I asked.
"Would you mind?" She asked.
"No not at all," I said. I heard Lucas crying and Amelia got up.
"I got it," she said.
"Okay," I said.
AMELIAS POV
I walked upstairs and Lucas was screaming and crying which caused Ethan to wake up. I picked Lucas up.
"It's okay," I said.
"Mommy tummy hurt!" He screamed.
"Okay okay," I said. Owen ran upstairs and I got so scared. I held Lucas close to me as he cried and screamed.
"Lucas buddy what hurts?"  Owen asked.
"My tummy," he cried. Lucas clung to me tighter and I kissed his head.
"Should we call Arizona?" I asked.
"Yeah I'll go call her," Owen said.
"Okay," I said.
"Hey," Owen looked at me, "it will be okay."
"Dada!" Ethan called. Owen walked over and picked Ethan up and kissed his head.
"Lucas Okay?" Ethan asked.
"Yes," Owen said, "Lucas is just sick."
"Why?" Ethan asked.
"Sometimes people just don't feel good buddy," Owen said, "he'll be okay."
"Okay," Ethan said. I hadn't let go of Lucas. I rubbed his back as he continued to cry.
OWENS POV
I grabbed my phone and called Arizona. Amelia came downstairs with Lucas and she looked really worried.
"Hey Arizona?" I said.
"Hey Owen what's up?" She said.
"I think Lucas has the stomach bug but he's screaming and crying and can't sleep," I said.
"Do you want to bring him in?" She asked.
"Do you think it's worth it?" I asked.
"For sure," she said, "we can just verify that it's just the stomach bug or flu and nothing else."
"Okay," I said. I hung up and I looked over at Amelia who handnt let go of Lucas. She looked so scared.
"It's okay I promise," I said. She looked at me and just nodded.
"Arizona said we can bring him in Okay?" I said to make her feel better.
"Okay," She said. I picked Ethan up and we walked out to the car. I put Ethan in his car seat and Amelia went to put Lucas in his and he started screaming.
"I can just hold him," she said, "I'll sit in the back."
"I'll take the backroad so there's less cars," I said.
"Okay," She said. I looked back at her and she looked so scared. I reached my hand back to her and she squeezed it. Lucas started screaming again and Amelia let go of my hand.
"Hey it's okay buddy," Amelia said. We pulled into the hospital parking lot and I texted Arizona. We ran in and got in the elevator. I put my arm around Amelia. She put her head on my shoulder.
"It's okay," I whispered in her ear.
"I love you," She said.
"I love you too," I said.
"He's Okay right?" She said.
"Yes he'll be okay," I said.
"Dada I'm tired," Ethan said. I looked at the time and it was almost midnight.
"You can close your eyes buddy," I said. He put his little head on my shoulder. The elevator doors opened and we saw Arizona in the hall. She thought us into a room and Lucas wouldn't let go of Amelia.
"Buddy you have to let so Aunt Arizona can look at you so you can feel better," I said.
"No!" He screamed.
"I'm going to be right here I promise," Amelia said.
"Hey Lucas," Arizona said, "I promise I'm going to make you feel better and you can stay with your mommy."
"Okay," He said quietly. Amelia put him on the bed and Arizona took his temperature and checked a few things.
"It looks like the stomach bug," she said, "he does have a high fever but no sighs of the flu."
"Okay," I said. I grabbed Amelias hand and she leaned into me.
"He's okay," Arizona said, "There's nothing really I can prescribe but he should feel better within the next few days."
"Okay thank you," Amelia said and hugged her.
"Of course," she said.
-
Amelia and I got home and Amelia looked exhausted. I put Ethan to bed and I put Lucas in the guest room so he wouldn't get Ethan sick. I walked back into our room and Amelia was in the bathroom. I walked over and knocked on the door.
"Hey you Okay?" I said.
"Yeah," she said, a little stuffy so I knew she had been crying. She opened the door and wrapped her arms around my waist.
"I was so scared something was gonna happen," she said crying.
"I know I know," I said. She looked up at me and I ran my fingers down her jawline before crashing my lips into hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her as close to me as possible.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," She said.