chapter 73

OWENS POV
Today was Amelia's birthday and I wanted it to be perfect. Yesterday while she was at work the kids made her cards and stuff. Amelia was asleep right now and I took the boys out to get flowers, and left Emma asleep in her crib in our room. I was paying for the flowers when Lucas tugged at my leg.
"Daddy can we get mommy a balloon?" He asked.
"Sure," I chuckled. He ran and got a balloon and I paid and we got home quickly so hopefully Amelia wasn't already up.
"Okay guys be quiet mommy might still be asleep," I said.
"Okay!" They Both said. I unlocked the door and they ran inside and I set the flowers down on the table. I walked into the kitchen and thankfully Amelia was still asleep. The boys wanted to make pancakes so they helped me get all the stuff out and we started making pancakes. I felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around my waist halfway through and I smiled because it was Amelia.
"Good morning birthday girl," I said.
"Mmm i love you," Amelia said.
"I love you too," I smiled.
"Happy birthday!" The Twins said.
"Thank you," Amelia smiled and kissed both of them on the head.
"Emma still asleep?" I asked.
"Yeah," Amelia said.
"Mommy we making pancakes!" Ethan said. She picked him up and smiled.
"Smells good buddy," She said. Tonight Amelia and I were going out to dinner which I was happy about because we rarely got alone time with three kids. I admired my gorgeous wife with our two kids while I was making breakfast.
"Daddy can I show mommy what we bought at the store?" Lucas asked.
"Sure," I chuckled. Amelia gave me a confused face and got pulled into the other room with the boys. A few moments later she came back in and hugged me.
"Thank you for the flowers and balloon," she said cutely, "you're too sweet I love you."
"Of course," I said, "and I love you too." We sat down to eat breakfast and Emma started crying through the baby monitor.
"I got it," I said.
"Okay," she said. I walked upstairs and picked Emma up and cradled her until she stopped crying. I came downstairs with her and put her in her high chair at the table with us.
"Well today is your first day in the 30 club," I joked.
"Oh fun," she chuckled, "I'm old."
"Hey," I chuckled.
"You're even older," she joked.
"Hey were not being mean to me today," I fake pouted. She chuckled with a really cute smile which made me fall in love with her again. She was just perfect.
AMELIAS POV
Owen and I were upstairs getting ready for our date tonight, and I was so excited.
"Hey do you wanna Open your gift now?" Owen asked.
"Owen I thought we agreed on no gifts," I chuckled.
"You know I'm not a rule follower," he said and handed me a box with a card on the top.
"Open the card first," he chuckled.
"No duh," I chuckled and sat on the bed. He sat down next to me and I opened the envelope. The card read;
             Amelia,
                           Happy Birthday to my amazing and beautiful wife! I love you so much and you deserve the best on your special day. Also, welcome to the 30 club now since you're the big 3 O ! I love you endlessly and I have from day 1, you're an amazing mom with Lucas, Ethan, and Emma and you're the kindest woman I've ever met. You're the love of my life and my absolute best friend and I wouldn't want it any other way Amelia. I love you and I hope you have a birthday as lovely as you xoxo
                 love,
                            Owen

I looked at Owen and I could feel the tears falling down my face.
"I love you so much it's crazy," I said and kissed him softly.
"I love you too," He said in-between kisses. I smiled and hugged him.
"Okay now you can open your gift," he chuckled and kissed my head. I opened the box and it was a bracelet with Lucas, Ethan, and Emma's names engraved into it.
"Oh my god Owen it's perfect," I smiled, "You're so sweet I love it thank you."
"You're welcome," he smiled. I got up and hugged him tightly and he kissed me softly.
"Happy birthday Amelia," He said.