chapter 57

OWENS POV
It's been three months after the accident. Amelias pregnancy looks very normal now, she's almost 4 months pregnant, and she's only been going into work 4 times a week. I looked over and she was fast asleep next to me. I smiled down at her and kissed her head. I got up and walked down the stairs and the boys were on the couch.
"Daddy!" Ethan said. I smiled and picked both of them up and started making breakfast. A few moments later I heard Amelia was in. I turned and smiled at her. She smiled back and walked over to me.
"Smells good," she smiled. I kissed her head and she put her head on my shoulder.
"Yeah it's called cooking," I said.
"Shut up," she chuckled.
"The appointment is at 4 right," I said.
"Yes," she smiled, "we get to find out if it's a girl or boy."
"I think it's a boy," I said.
"I think it's a girl," she said.
"Well we will just have to wait," I said.
"Mommy how did baby get inside you?" Ethan said. Amelia and I exchanged looks and Amelia chuckled.
"Ethan buddy the baby was put in me by a doctor," Amelia said.
"Oh," Ethan said confused.
"When will baby be here?" Lucas asked.
"Soon," Amelia smiled, "like 5 months."
"That's a long time!" Lucas said.
"I know," Amelia said, "but you'll be happy when your brother or sister is here won't you?"
"Yeah!" Ethan said.
"Is it a brother or sister?" Lucas asked.
"Mommy and Daddy are finding that out today," I said.
"Do we get to go?" Ethan asked.
"No buddy," I chuckled and looked at Amelia.
"We will tell you guys as soon as we know," Amelia smiled, "don't worry you will find out."
-
I was holding Amelias hand as Arizona starts the ultrasound. I could tell Amelia was nervous and scared. I kissed her hand and she turned and smiled at me. We both sat there and watched the screen while Arizona located the heartbeat.
"Okay you guys want to know the gender correct?" Arizona said.
"Yes," Amelia and I both smiled at each other.
"Congratulations on your baby girl!" Arizona said.
"I was right," Amelia smiled.
"Yes you were," I said and kissed her softly. Arizona printed us pictures and my pager went off. I kissed Amelia goodbye and thanked Arizona and ran out.
AMELIAS POV
"Arizona?" I said, after Owen ran out.
"What's wrong?" She said.
"The baby is healthy right?" I said worried.
"Yes Amelia, you know Ive been monitoring the baby and I would tell you if something was wrong okay?" Arizona said.
"Okay," I said, "Yeah I know."
"I know it must be scary," she said, "but this time it's okay I promise."
"Thanks," I said.
"And you have Owen by your side," she said, "what more could you want?"