chapter 30

AMELIAS POV
Today was my first day back and I was dreading leaving the kids. Owen had the day off and they would start day care tomorrow. They were just 5 months old. I got dressed and I walked downstairs and Owen was feeding the kids.
"Hi babies," I said cutely and picked up Ethan because he started fussing when he saw me.
"How's my little boy?" I said and kissed his head.
"Fussy," Owen answered.
"Mmm," I said and leaned up and kissed him. Lucas started fussing as I was giving Ethan more attention than him. I gave Ethan to Owen and held Lucas. I realized how badly I didn't want to leave them. I loved being a mom. I know Owen saw it on my face.
"Hey they'll be fine with me here today," he said.
"I know I know," I said, "I don't want to leave them."
"I know," he said, "I miss you guys all the time."
"Maybe I should just push it off," I said.
"Then you'll never go," He chuckled.
"You're right," I said. I made a cup of coffee and said goodbye to the kids and kissed Owen goodbye.
"Have fun at work," He said.
"I will," I said, "i love you."
"I love you too," He said. I got in my car and put my bag down and I don't think I can go to work. I got back out and Owen opened the door for me.
"We're fine," he chuckled, "go to work."
"Can I just see them again?" I said.
"Amelia I will bring them in on your lunch break Okay?" He said.
"Okay," I said. He kissed me again and I was on my way.
-
I got to work and I saw Meredith in the parking lot. She ran over to me and hugged me.
"Oh my god your back!" She said, "how does it feel?"
"I miss them," I said, "it's going to be really hard."
"Awe I know," she said, "I was the same way."
OWENS POV
I knew I needed to push Amelia to go to work, because I know she loves her job, and the kids. I know it's going to be super hard on her today and I feel really bad for her, it was really hard on me too. Amelia had been at work for about 5 hours, and it was 1 hour until her lunch break when she called me.
"Hey," She said quietly, "I don't have a surgery can you bring them in please? It's been really hard without them."
"Yes," I said, "I'm on my way."
"Thank you I love you," She said.
"I love you too," I said. I put the boys in their car seats and drove over to the hospital. I texted Amelia that we were here and I saw her in the lobby. The way her face lit up was so cute. She ran over to us and kissed their little heads.
"Oh how I missed you guys," she said cutely. Ethan reached for her and she held him and talked to Lucas.
AMELIAS POV
I was so torn between working and being with the kids. I loved being with them and wanted to be with them all the time, but I needed to work. I loved my work. I had two surgeries this morning and I absolutely loved getting back into it, but I really missed them. I begged him to bring them early. We had lunch together and I knew I was going to have so much trouble working.