chapter 33

OWENS POV
Amelia and I woke up to the crashing of thunder. Amelia curled up into my side and I was praying the kids wouldn't wake up.
"Hey it's okay," I whispered to Amelia. She didn't say anything and just snuggled into me.
"Mama scwawy outwsiwe," Ethan said quietly.
"I know baby," Amelia said and sat up.
"I'll go get Lucas," I said.
"Okay," Amelia said as she picked up Ethan. Lucas was standing in his crib crying.
"Hey buddy it's okay," I said. I picked him up and he clung to me.
"Dada," He said.
"I know," I said and carried him into our room and Amelia was holding Ethan. Amelia was being so strong and I've always admired that about her. I knew she hated thunder and lightening but she acted like it was okay for the kids. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her. Ethan was cuddled in her lap and Lucas crawled around in the bed.
"Hey you Okay?" I whispered in Amelias ear.
"Yeah," she said quietly. Ethan started crawling over to me and I smiled at Amelia.
"Oh god I feel sick," Amelia said and ran to the bathroom.
"Mama!" Ethan said. I put the kids down and followed her into the bathroom. She was throwing up and crying at the same time. I closed the door behind me and wrapped my arms around her from behind.
"I didn't think it would start this early," she said.
"Hey it's okay," I said.
"Oh my god I have a headache," she said crying.
"Hey hey," I said, "sshh it's okay." She leaned back into me and I hugged her and kissed her cheek. The kids started crying and Amelia and I got up.
"Should we tell them?" Amelia said, "would they understand?"
"I don't know," I shrugged, "we could try."