chapter 31

AMELIAS POV
I've been working for almost 6 months now and it was been a little easier. Today we were bringing the boys in for their 1 year checkup. They weren't exactly one yet, they turn one in 2 weeks but this was what worked best for us. Owen and I put them in their car seats and both got in the car. He smiled at me and then at the kids, and I knew he was thinking about something.
"What?" I said.
"We should have another kid," he said.
"Right now?" I chuckled.
"I mean why not," He said.
"Honey we have a lot on our hands right now," I said.
"Yeah I know," he said, "but we always will."
"Yeah," I said.
"So?" He said.
"We're not officially trying but if it happens it wouldn't be a bad thing," I said and looked at him.
"Okay," He smiled at me.
"Okay," I smiled.
"Mama!" Ethan said from the back seat. Owen and I looked at each other shocked and looked back at Ethan. That was his first word. Lucas had said Mama and Dada and a few little words but Ethan had been quiet.
"Hi baby," I smiled at him.
"Mama!" He said. I smiled at Owen and he kissed my head.
-
Arizona gave us paper work for the boys to fill out.
"What's today's date?" Owen chuckled.
"23rd," I said.
"Amelia it is not he 23rd," Arizona chuckled, "today is the 27th." I looked at my phone and realized I was five days late.
"Oh," I said. Owen looked at me but I don't think he suspected anything. We gave Arizona the papers and she did the boys' check up and she said everything is normal, which was good. We put them in their stroller and we were ready to leave.
"Hey Amelia can I talk to you for a second?" Arizona said.
"Yeah of course," I said. Owen left and said he'd meet us outside. Arizona closed the door and gave me a pregnancy test in a box.
"Are you?" She asked.
"I don't know," I said, "I mean I'm five days late."
"Amelia!" She said and hugged me.
"I don't think i can do it," I said, "it's a lot, and I love them so much but it's so hard leaving them to go to work and not sleeping." I was panicking and pacing back and forth.
"Have you talked about it?" She asked.
"We talked about trying this morning i didn't know I was probably pregnant!" I said.
"Hey calm down," she said, "talk to him."
"I'm going to take the test in a little while I'll text you Okay?" I said.
"Okay," She said, "love you."
"Love you too," I said. I opened the door and Owen was sitting in the lobby with the kids.
"Hey everything alright?" He asked.
"Yeah She was ranting about some intern," I chuckled.
"Okay," He said. Today we were dropping the kids off at daycare since we both had to work. I figured I'd take the pregnancy test before I left tonight so I wouldn't be stressed all day.
-
I finished my last surgery and I figured I'd take the pregnancy test now. I took the test out of my pocket and locked the bathroom door behind me. I peed on the stick and set a timer on my phone for two minutes. I paced back and forth in the bathroom thinking about having three kids. I love them with my entire heart, but it's so hard having small kids, and Owen's great with them, but I don't know if I can do it. The timer beeped and I knew it was time. I took a deep breath and looked down at the positive test.