chapter 20

OWENS POV
I came home and Amelia was passed out on the couch and Megan wasn't home. I started to cook myself lunch and Amelia rolled over on the couch and I knew I woke her and I felt terrible. Lately the pregnancy was hard on her, and she's been out sick for three days this week.
"I'm sorry," I said, I knelt down next to her and she rolled over and opened her eyes.
"It's okay," she said, "I wasn't really sleeping anyway." I kissed her head softly and she nuzzled into me.
"How was today?" I asked, she stayed home again.
"It was really bad this morning," she mumbled,
"I'm gonna try to go to work tomorrow, after our ultrasound."
"Okay," I said.
"I'm exhausted and I didn't do anything," she frowned, "I just wanna go to work."
"Awe I know honey," I said, "where's Megan by the way?"
"She had to meet with Nathan to discuss the apartment situation and put it in writing," she said.
"Oh okay," I said.
"Owen I wanna go to work," she said, clearly upset.
"I know baby I know," I said. I ran my fingers through her hair and kissed her cheek softly. I ran my thumb over her cheek and she smiled at me.
"Are you excited for tomorrow?" I asked.
"Yeah," she smiled, "I cant wait to see the babies again."
"Me too," I said.
"I also can't wait to find out the genders!" She smiled, "tomorrow's the day."
"Tomorrow is the day," I smiled, "I think it's a girl and boy."
"I think it's two boys," she said.
"Oh yeah?" I said.
"Bet?" She chuckled.
"No," I chuckled, "were not betting on our children."
"Fair enough," she chuckled.
"Okay cutie," I said, "did you eat? can I make you something?"
"Can I have grilled cheese?" She asked. I chuckled, she'd been craving grilled cheese lately.
"Of course," I said.
"Hey help me up," she chuckled. I grabbed both her hands and she stood up and hugged me.
"I love you," I said.
"And I love you," she smiled.
-
I was cleaning up dinner and Amelia was showering and getting ready to go to sleep. Tomorrow we're going to find out the genders tomorrow morning and hopefully she can get through the day. I walked into the bedroom and she was already cuddled up and watching tv.
"Hi," she smiled.
"Hey, how're you feeling?" I asked.
"I'm fine now," she said, "I feel better."
"Good," I said and kissed her head. She nuzzled into me and cuddled into me.
"You're cute," She said.
"So are you," I said.
"I'm so excited for tomorrow," she smiled.
"Me too," I said.
"You're the best," she said, "I love you."
"I love you too."