chapter 65

AMELIAS POV
We've been home with Emma for almost two weeks, and it's been amazing. Owen did have to go back to work today which sucked. I was still in bed and Owen was showering before work. Emma was peacefully sleeping in her crib in our room. I grabbed my phone and checked the time, which was 5:30am, which also meant emma would probably wake up crying around 5:45. I heard Owen turn the water off in the shower. I rolled over and saw him walk out of the bathroom shirtless.
"Hey you," I said.
"Hey you," He said as he walked over and kissed me.
"Mmm goodmorning," I smiled.
"Good morning," he smiled back.
"It's so early," I chuckled.
"Yeah sorry about that," he said.
"It's okay emma will probably be up soon," I said, and as if on cue, Emma started crying and waking up.
"Hey I got her go get ready for work," I said.
"Okay I love you," He said.
"I love you too," I said. I got up and walked over to Emma's crib and picked her up.
"Good morning baby girl," I said. I cradled her to get her to stop crying but she didn't seem to want to go back to sleep. I held her and walked downstairs where Owen was making coffee.
"Good morning to my two beautiful girls," he smiled.
"Good morning cutie," I giggled. He kissed my head and smiled.
"Emma say good morning to daddy," I said. Emma just blankly stared at Owen and he chuckled.
"Cute little girl," He chuckled. I sat Emma in her high chair and walked over and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind.
"You want some coffee?" He asked.
"Mmm yes please," I said, slightly falling asleep.
"It's too early for you," He chuckled.
"Yes you're right," I said. Emma started crying again and I walked over and picked her up.
"Hey baby don't cry," I said. She wouldn't stop crying so I figured she was hungry, so I fed her and she started to fall back asleep. I held her as Owen made coffee. I sat down at the kitchen tables and Emma fell asleep on my chest. Owen sat down next to me and handed me a cup of coffee.
"Thanks you're the best," I smiled. He kissed my head and smiled at Emma.
"Can I hold her now?" Owen asked.
"Of course honey," I smiled and placed her in his arms. His face light up and I giggled. I took a photo of them and smiled. I heard little footsteps running down the stairs.
"Wonder which one is up," I chuckled.
"Probably Ethan he went to bed early last night," He said.
"Yeah probably," I said and moments later Ethan came running into the kitchen.
"Buddy it's not even six," I said and picked him up, "Do you wanna go back to bed?"
"No I'm not tired," he said and shook his head.
"Okay," I said, "Do you want to watch tv?"
"Yeah," he said.
"Okay," I said. I got up and walked Ethan to the couch and turned the tv on. I started to walk away to go back to Owen and Ethan climbed off the couch.
"Mommy watch Tv with me!" He said.
"Okay buddy mommy is gonna go get her coffee and Emma okay?" I said, "I'll be right back."
"Okay," he smiled and climbed back on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and Emma was sleeping on Owen.
"Hey we're watching cartoons in the living room," I said and grabbed my coffee.
"I have a few minutes," he said.
"When do you leave?" I said.
"Uh 6:10 the latest," He said.
"Mmm Okay," I said. I picked up Emma and we both walked into the living room and sat down next to Ethan. Emma was asleep in my lap and I put my head on Owen's shoulder. He kissed my head and I nuzzled into him. I started to close my eyes as Emma started crying again.
"Mm," I mumbled.
"I got her," Owen said.
"Thanks," I said and closed my eyes again. I felt Ethan climb into my lap as Owen was holding Emma.
"Hey buddy," I said. Owens pager went off so he handed Emma back to me and kissed me softly.
"I love you," He said.
"I love you too," I smiled.
"Bye Ethan," Owen said, "I love you too and you and your brother are going to be good for mommy right?"
"Yes," Ethan said, "and I love you!"
"And I love you too Emma," he smiled and kissed her head. I hugged him before he went and he kissed my cheek.
"Call me if you need anything," He said.
"Of course," I said, "and I'll see you later." He left and Ethan crawled back onto the couch to watch tv. I carried Emma up to her crib and turned the baby monitor on. I walked down the hall and Lucas was still asleep in his bed. I heard Ethan's little footsteps running up the stairs. I turned and he ran towards me and jumped into my arms.
"Hey baby," I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Do you want breakfast?"
"Mommy can we make pancakes?" He asked.
"Yeah let's do downstairs so Lucas and Emma can sleep," I said.
"Okay," he smiled and ran downstairs. I followed him into the kitchen and got the batter and simultaneously made myself another cup of coffee. I watched Ethan try to stand on a chair to reach the bowl.
"Okay buddy we're not going to do that," I chuckled. I picked him up and let him mix the batter.
"Mommy!" Lucas said. I turned and Lucas was awake and in the kitchen.
"Good morning baby," I smiled.
"Lucas were making pancakes," Ethan said.
"Can I help?" Lucas asked.
"Yeah come here," I said. I took Ethan off the chair and picked up Lucas. I let him mix the rest of the batter and then I started making pancakes. When they were finished they sat at the table and ate breakfast. I ate a pancake and then Emma started crying through the monitor. I ran upstairs and picked her up in her crib and sang to her to get her to fall back asleep. I looked at the time and it was 7, and I was already exhausted.
-
The boys were playing with their toys downstairs and Emma was in her play pen. I was working on a case on my computer when my phone rang. I looked at it and it was my mom.
"Hey," I said.
"Hey sorry did I wake you I know it's only 11," She said.
"Mom i have three kids now I've been up since five thirty," I chuckled.
"Oh you poor thing that's early for you," she laughed.
"You're not wrong," I said.
"I haven't seen the kids in a while, or emma that much at all so do you guys want to come over for lunch?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "the kids would love that."
"Okay does 11:30 work?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "I miss you."
"I miss you too honey," she said, "is Owen home today?"
"No," I said, "he should be back around 6."
"When do you go back to work?" She asked.
"I haven't decided, probably in like two weeks," I said.
"That's good," she said.
"Yeah," I said. We talked for a little more and then I had to get the kids ready to go to my moms. I finally got all three of them ready and in the car. I drove over to my moms house and Emma slept the whole way which was nice. We got there and I unbuckled the boys and carried Emma out. My mom opened the front door and smiled as the boys ran up to her. We walked in and she wanted to hold Emma.
"She looks just like you," My mom smiled.
"Yeah," I smiled.
"You look so tired," she chuckled.
"Yeah Owen got up at 5:30 this morning," I said.
"I miss Owen I haven't seen you guys in a while," She said.
"I miss you too," I said.