chapter 39

AMELIAS POV
I walked down to daycare silently by myself. Owen was calling his mom and I saw the kids. I had to pull it together for them, if we tell them their one year old minds would never grasp it. I walked inside and signed them out.
"Hi babies," I said and squatted down to them.
"Mommy!" Ethan said, "look what I drew!" I looked at it and it looked like a house but nothing really else, oh one year old artists.
"It looks beautiful Ethan," I said and kissed his head.
"It's for you and daddy!" He said.
"Thank you buddy," I said and turned to Lucas, "did you draw anything today?"
"Yes!" Lucas said. He handed me a paper with a bunch of scribbles on it I smiled and kissed his head too.
"For you and daddy too!" Lucas giggled.
"Thank you guys," I smiled.
"Where daddy?" Lucas asked.
"Daddy is calling grandma because you two are gonna have a fun night at grandmas house," I said. They did like spending time with their grandmother so I wasn't worried about them complaining. I picked them up since neither was fully walking yet and met Owen in the hall.
"Hey," He said, his voice sounded like he was crying, "My mom said we can drop them off."
"Okay," I said quietly. It was truly taking everything in me not to fall apart right there, and if it hadn't been for my children in my arms i would have.
-
We pulled into Evelyns driveway and I got out of the car with Owen and the kids. She opened the door and we walked with the kids.
"Gwama!" Ethan said.
"Hi my sweet boys," she said and picked them up. Owen put his arm around me and I leaned into him.
"Please come in," She said. Owen looked at me and I shrugged. He grabbed my hand and we went inside. Evelyn gave the boys a few toys and we went into the kitchen. I really didn't want to talk but she was being nice.
"Is there anything else I can do?" She asked. Owen and I were both quiet, wanting the other to answer.
"I have to go to the bathroom I'll be right back," I said quietly.
"Okay," Owen said. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I looked at myself in the mirror and just broke down. I started sobbing. I collapsed to the ground and bawled my eyes out. I wasn't even worried about someone hearing me anymore I was just so broken inside.
OWENS POV
Amelia had been in the bathroom for 10 minutes and I went to check on her. I got to the door and I heard her sobbing which broke my heart. I knocked on the door softly.
"Go away," she continued to sob.
"Amelia," I said.
"Owen," she said sobbing. Hearing her sob broke my heart.
"Amelia open the door please," I begged her. She opened the door and her face was red and tears were streaming down her face. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head.
"This isn't fair," she said.
"I know," I said crying.
"I wanna go home," she said.
"Okay," I said. I gave Amelia the keys and she ran out and I went to find my mom.
"Hey Amelia and I are gonna head out," I said.
"Okay," she nodded, she understood, "call me if you need anything."
"Of course," I said. I said goodbye to the boys and pulled it together so that they wouldn't know anything was up. I went out to the car and Amelia was curled up in the car. I opened the door and she was still crying.
"Hey," I said.
"Hi," she said.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you too," she said. There was a long silences and then Amelia said, "Do you still want to marry me?"
"Of course I still want to marry you," I said.
"Are you going to work tomorrow?" She said.
"No," I said, "I don't think you should either."
"I'll go insane tomorrow," she said in a quiet voice, "I need work."
"Okay," I said.
"How do we tell people at work?" She asked.
"I don't know," I said.
"I need to call my mom later," she said.
"Okay," I said.
"This is the worst feeling in the world," she said.
"I know," I said.
"We lost a baby," she said and her voice broke, "wow I finally got it out."
"Yeah," I said crying. I felt tears stream down my face and Owen kissed me.
"We can overcome this I promise," I said.